Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Knighty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2008, 03:56

Morning All

My Beetle's starter motor was not working, didn't turn at all. I had tried to get under the car to inspect it but there was not the room in my garage and to get the car out on my own without an engine to drive it back in was going to be difficult due to a slight slope.

Knighty was over my house yesterday as it was his wife (my sisters) birthday, we used my house to have a little gathering and towards the end of the day Knighty made a suggestion as to another thing to check. We went out to the garage and within a few minutes the starter was turning and the engine running. A single, very small wire had come off the starter, I didn't know where to look for a missing wire.

Top man. cheers
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2008, 05:07

Wicked!
I know your are related but being part of a big club has its benefits, normally someone knows what to look for.
Glad its all sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2008, 06:40

Indeed, it is worth knowing that without people like Knighty I would never have got my hands properly dirty. Clubs like this help us share our knowledge and help out, it is a passion that we can help others and when they learn and then help others as well we just all get stronger. Very Happy
You are not yet at 1000....
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2008, 09:09

I bet you never get your hands properly dirty..hehe!
Just need to do a bit more spamming and im the spam queen! queen
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2008, 09:31

Believe me, I have. I have had oil run down my arms, in my hair and ruin the clothes I was wearing but I did the job on my own. I also coated the underside of the Beetle with a sealant, it drips off and onto you whilst you do it. Knighty came over to watch and laugh at me.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2008, 15:45

Tis true what you folks say.... its not what you know! but... who you know! and i agree together we get stronger! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2008, 16:54

Too true grasshopper lol!
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2008, 06:23

lol...should try Papas one...pull the fuel line out and let the petrol run into ya eye...ouchy!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2008, 07:35

Petrol in the eye is never good. Actually I am not a fan of petrol anywhere other than the cylinders as it costs too much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super Knighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Knighty   Super Knighty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Knighty
Page 1 of 1