Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our Obsessions with cars.

Go down 
+9
Knighty
dapperdan
vwdeviant
Kayleigh
Calimori
Bazza
Fitzy
john @ Bennetts car parts
MattWilde
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2008, 04:50

i thought this was the whole draw about dubs in the first place, neither of mine have skipped a beat since i got them only niggly little things like cosmetics, 2 bust water hoses and having to get the ecu done on my auto box. but they are hands on cars, inexpensive to mod, stylish, reliable as rain on your day off and above all fun. why would anyone want to give that up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2008, 09:22

jakeabee wrote:
i thought this was the whole draw about dubs in the first place, neither of mine have skipped a beat since i got them only niggly little things like cosmetics, 2 bust water hoses and having to get the ecu done on my auto box. but they are hands on cars, inexpensive to mod, stylish, reliable as rain on your day off and above all fun. why would anyone want to give that up?

well depends on the experiences you get with them, like me, with my 8v i had to do the head gasket, clutch, 4 struts, rad burst, water pipe blew. and now on my valver, done clutch, cam belt, back chain, 16 new tappets, and got this horrible tapping noise at 4k.

once i done all the stuff to the 8v it was bullet proof, but things still go wrong with them.

when you have all that sort of shit it does kinda make you start to think. lucky when all that stuff happened to the 8v i was a mechanic so i didnt have to pay labour, i just did it all myself. just paid for parts.

its just getting the money together a g a i n to get this sorted, and find a way of getting into work while my dubs in getting fixed.

thats why i thought of giving it up
Back to top Go down
EditiononeG60
Nomad
Nomad
EditiononeG60

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2008, 12:12

I have the G60 which has had about £6K ontop of the £5K buying price.
Expenditure includes

engine work £1200ish
suspension £1100ish
body trim etc £600
ICE £1500
and loads of other bits

the £350 driver has had about £3 - 4k too

but i wouldnt change a thing
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2008, 04:24

ok mabye im wrong.. seems some of you have had to spend serious money, sorta makes me think ive just been lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2008, 04:59

jaycabbie wrote:
ok mabye im wrong.. seems some of you have had to spend serious money, sorta makes me think ive just been lucky.

yer we do, just depends i suppose, i start to think if german cars are as good as everyone cracks them up to be Razz

MK2 Gun Metal Grey Sicksteen FO Sale??!
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2008, 18:00

Dubsy! dude... most of us have been where you are now bro! and there rest will have there turn.. as and when!.... its not all about cars, where would you find people like the nomads! we are your family! we share your pain! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2008, 04:32

Cheers papa! Yer i know, to be honest if it werent for no mads, i think i would of given up on my dub. the people ive met thro owning a Dub is unbeleivable! you dont realise what no mads means to me, and the people that are in it!

Yesterday i was just seeing past the noise, and thinking positive.

Until,

i was in watford, and steam was just bellowing from the bonnet, to find the plastic bit where the pipe goes onto on the rad had snapped off, meaning new rad Mad but luckily had a screw driver on me and god knows how it did it, got the dub home!

but phuuuck it, im not bothered, these things happen! and the more i put new parts on the newer the car gets (with in reason Razz )

Dubsy
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 17:35

best attitude for it really, sorry to hear about all your issues but as you say all the new stuff you replace just gets it that much closer to being a perfect car at least it wasnt anything too serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Obsessions with cars.   Our Obsessions with cars. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Obsessions with cars.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2