Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

seldom seen....Often heard

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

seldom seen....Often heard Empty
PostSubject: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2008, 15:07

Easy everyone. long time no speak!

How is everyone? hope all is well!

thought id let everyone in where ive been hiding and the progress with the dub (for those who i told about the problems)

Havent been on here properly since the valver started playing up....kinda got a bit pissed off with it which i shouldnt have....also missed this months meet Sad due to losing interest in the dub (kinda, more disheartened then anything). got kinda worried that the engine was going to be completely knackered....so had it booked in with apsly transmission (what a bloke!) and a couple of days before it was due to go in the clutch started playing up like mad, got really pissed off!

Looked at my history and found that the bloke who had it before took it to mr cu*ts errrr sorry i ment mr clutch to have a clutch in it, which only lasted 8 thousand miles and found the flywheel was loose too Evil or Very Mad fcuking monkeys......wouldnt even go in there to take a pi55 monkey monkey monkey monkey

anyways was waiting for this bill to be extortionate considering vag tech quoted me 1011 just for headwork Evil or Very Mad . but Ians foned me back saying the cars ready and turns out its come way way under that figure including having the clutch done, so really happy.

My dub "flame" has been relite and am ready to crack on with the mark 2 Sicksteen Wink

i had the following done:

Cam belt
Cam back chain
re-timed it properly
16 new tappets
cleaned all the instand gasket some monkey monkey monkey monkey monkeys used on the inlet mani and used new gaskets
new oil and filter
new clutch (LUKs)
and the oil seal which is behind the flywheel
something else which he found on the box hes changed
and new clutch cable.

and think there was somthing else hes done....forgotten Embarassed

now just looking forward to getting her back cheers

sorry for boring everyone....just didnt want people thinking im not still part of the firm!

anyways, hope everyones cool!

Dubsy
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2008, 16:00

Everything is cool dude, glad you got the ole girl back, hope she's still in fighting form. Hope to see you both soon.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 01:40

Sweet!

Guess the flywheel oil seal's the reason the new clutch lasted 8k...

Can you PM me the deal if you don't want to post here what the spend was as I'm going to need Clutch/tappets/chain soon... had cambelt done 20k ago though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 06:28

vwdeviant wrote:
Sweet!

Guess the flywheel oil seal's the reason the new clutch lasted 8k...

Can you PM me the deal if you don't want to post here what the spend was as I'm going to need Clutch/tappets/chain soon... had cambelt done 20k ago though.

Actually its not mate. the diaphram on the clutch had broken up. Typical cheap sh1tty clutch. hence the reason mr cunts err sorry ment mr clutch come in under most peoples prices monkey .

Yer il PM you the deal, but i really really do recommend Ian at apsley transmission. really cant stress it enough. everythings done the proper way. for example....normally when a clutch goes....most mechanics would just put a new clutch back in (which is far enough and understandable) but Ian put a new seal in (the one behind the flywheel) cos he said theres no point a few thousand miles down the road it going and start leaking, then doing the whole clutch removal process again!

top bloke!

Dubsy
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 08:42

Really glad to hear you have her back..and the flames been relit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
john @ Bennetts car parts
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 15:37

have to agree Ian is top bloke , i have used him for private and work , if money is an issue call me and will help
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21 2008, 02:57

good to hear you back on the road dude , we all have moments of "why me?"

what you gotta remember is MK2'S RULE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21 2008, 09:18

F.M.dubdread wrote:
good to hear you back on the road dude , we all have moments of "why me?"

Cheers dude! yer i did get that feeling of "why me" . but ow well, its sorted now.

F.M.dubdread wrote:
what you gotta remember is MK2'S RULE

what, you really think id forget that Wink . ow i know they do G afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seldom seen....Often heard   seldom seen....Often heard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seldom seen....Often heard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: