Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2e2 carb issue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
manish117
manish117

2e2 carb issue Empty
PostSubject: 2e2 carb issue   2e2 carb issue I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 15:06

Hey guys

So I finally managed to get a spark yesterday, turns out it was a faulty Ignition Control Module. Anyway the mk2 golf still doesn't start Evil or Very Mad 

So I think it a carb problem. It's a 1.6 driver, engine code EZ so it has a Pierburg 2E2 carb on it.

Took it apart and cleaned it out. Made sure none of the jets were blocked and everything was moving smoothly but it still wont fire up!!

Been looking around the net and think I have a vacuum leak somewhere. If anyone knows where all the vacuum lines go or has a diagram of the connections, it would be most appreciated.

There is petrol going into the engine as the plugs are wet and the fuel pumps works just fine. So spark and fuel but no start. Really am stumped here. Have no clue what wrong with it apart from a faulty carb scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=596519119&sk=info

2e2 carb issue
Page 1 of 1