As I started a new job, I had to sell on my 620Ti. At the point of selling, it had red band injectors, an S166 Turbo Technics unit set at 17Psi. Needless to say, it was a hoot of a sleeper. But, New job, more fuel bills, then an issue with insurance meant I couldn't have it anymore... Mind you, would also stop the clutch bills almost each month!
SO. What to do? had to get something a bit more reliable, economical... A friend of mine had a Skoda Fabia VRS, which I was impressed by. I've spent most of my car time with British stuff, Rover, Mini's and the like, So had never given a thought about VAG. So I dived into it!
That ride height ... 4x4 action going on there ...
Not to mention the funky towbar. Money is short coming and so is time. So things have been slow, but in the space of about a year, I've gone from what you see above, to :
I know it's not much when compaired with some others, but for now I'm happy with it.
(List as taken from my intro)
- VMaxx Coilover kit all round, lowered as far as the kit allows.
- Remapped by Unit18 earlier this year (Don't know the output)
- Replacement VNT turbo installed by Unit18 (After the other one gave up and left!)
- Wind defectors.
- Rear silencer removed, straight pipe work.
- Tow bar has been removed.
- LamX'ed headlights.
- Sticker bombed interior.
- Hand grenade gear knob
- Alloys (Give it a month or two and I'll find something better. It's what I could afford at the time)
- Repainted black bump strips to silver.
- Sprayed wing mirrors black.
- Grill, bumper inserts & spiltter, all from Poland.
On the cards for the future :
- New steering wheel.
- Recolor interior headliner.
- Upgrade door speakers.
- Fix door leaks.
- Bigger/Better wheels.