Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Master cylinder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EV
Nomad
Nomad
EV

Master cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Master cylinder   Master cylinder I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 03:51

Hello all,

It has been a while since I wrote on here.
Basically I'm treating my Polo CL to a set of brakes from a Polo 6N2 GTI. I have sourced all the parts and work will commence in a couple of weeks, however it has dawned on me that I will need a larger servo accompanied by larger master cylinder. I would use Polo GTI one, but as GTI has ESP, meaning M/C is incompatible with earlier ABS only system in my CL.
So question is what is the size of the M/C and a servo in the GTi? It could only be a 22.22mm or a 23.81mm. I believe my CL has 20.64mm which isn't big enough for a larger set of brakes. I'm guessing I'll need to use 6N 1.4 16V M/C but still I don't know the right size within that system.

I know people have done this conversion using G60 system etc. however I do not want to start mixing and matching, not with the braking system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

EV
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

Master cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master cylinder   Master cylinder I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 06:33

try club gti for this i would say .

the little i know is you dont always have to chnge the servo/cylinder
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

Master cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master cylinder   Master cylinder I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 09:38

Aye, try asking on club polo also,
I wouldn't of thought you'd need to touch the servo, but I've never done a brake convention before!
Back to top Go down
EV
Nomad
Nomad
EV

Master cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master cylinder   Master cylinder I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 12:41

I'll give it a go chaps, but as far as I know just changing from drums to discs, there is allot more fluid to be pushed through and as such one must have a larger master cylinder. Going for a 256mm from 239mm discs is a considerable jump without changing M/C, and difference can be felt under braking as pedal travel suddenly increased.

Just from experience, I've hired a number of cars over the past 4-5 years all of which no older than a year. I've always been amazed how sharp and how much feedback you get from the pedal. I later have questioned this, and one mechanic said to me that now days manufacturers dimly over boost brakes by using bigger than normal Servos and M/Cs. But that is only one of many opinions.

I am mechanically minded but no expert, so correct me if I'm wrong. People learn from experience of their own and others.

Cheers

EV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Master cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master cylinder   Master cylinder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Master cylinder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: Car Section :: Polo/Lupo-
Jump to: