Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Get A Fire Extinguisher

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Get A Fire Extinguisher Empty
PostSubject: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2008, 11:41

Here is an advert for getting a fire extinguisher in your car... And to act quickly with it rather than film your car burning.
Link-Clickity-Click
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2008, 12:52

Would helped a little not leaving the bonnet open and the doors. Doh!
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2008, 07:05

Yeah seen this one before, ouch.

I think that was an electrical fire, it was inside the dash, should have disconeted the batery straight away. Electrical fires are major problem if they get hold.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 00:27

I had one in the Beetle but I pulled the main fuse in the fuse box and luckily that got it before the smoke turned to flames.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 01:40

Calimori wrote:
I had one in the Beetle but I pulled the main fuse in the fuse box and luckily that got it before the smoke turned to flames.

Lucky one, I think if I read corectly on VW vortex this chapy's airbag passenger side short against something. Anyway it was something like that. ouuuch.
Back to top Go down
spooner
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 04:34

WHY WOULD YOU FILM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the time it took to film it you could have pissed on it or something?
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 05:11

heheheheGood one Ryan! hehehe The problem is being an electrical fire it will not go out no matter how much water/pee you put on it. Judging by his fire extinguisher it was clearley for oil/fuel fires. What he should have had was a C02 (carbon dioxide) not a powder type one. That is the only way you will put it out. First thing he should have done was disconect the battery. Pitty that wasa nice car! hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 07:56

WAS a nice car.
So the moral is, get out, shut doors and bonnet, use the correct fire extinguisher and disconnect the battery but don't risk your life.
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 09:03

what a dumb shit why film all you efforts on a car going to waste i would rather not be able to watch my own car go up in smoke on video.
Back to top Go down
spooner
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 09:23

me thinks dodgy insurance claim?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 15:32

I agree that there was something dodgy about it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get A Fire Extinguisher   Get A Fire Extinguisher I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get A Fire Extinguisher
Page 1 of 1