Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More door Red Mk5

Go down 
+2
dapperdan
jimwah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 09:48

Got a new toy arriving next week - replaces our Clio 197, the Clio's been great fun but not quite as refined for longer journeys & was starting to wear on us a bit, and I wanted a 5 door (the Clio has annoyingly massive doors!).

This one's really my missus' car, everything's in her name - mostly so that I can't do anything silly like trade it for a mk3 VR6 tongue I don't suppose much will change, it needs a little attention, there's a little water leak around the boot somewhere (seems common), a fogged up rear light (got replacement off ebay already) and some stone chips on the front end, might get a blow over at some point later down the line; otherwise it's been well cared for, belt done, single owner for the last 7 years Surprised

More door Red Mk5 GolfMk5boot
More door Red Mk5 GolfMk5

Heated leathers, nice Cool

More door Red Mk5 GolfMk5-interior

Will be nice to be back in a VW to be honest.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 02:49

i am i big fan of the mk5 gti very fast and competant car straight out the box

roads arent long enough for it

nice
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 03:45

i also have a soft spot for the mk5 gtis More door Red Mk5 161462
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 03:57

yess me and minty get quite hot under the collar over a mk5 gti .........................ttssssss
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 04:49

Good choice...

Sneeky remap while the Missus ain't looking?
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 05:04

yes we do!!
if i never put a 1.8t in the frog a mk5 gti will be why i dont!!
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 06:59

Cheers guys - I wasn't convinced by the Mk5 for a long time, but at this kind of money it's hard to find a quicker & more practical VAG.

First jobs are just to tidy it up a bit, but we want to try & keep this one for a while, so remap & maybe some decent wheels (she's not keen on the Monza's already) could be on the cards Razz
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 07:10

I've got some lovely 19" bbs split rims I could offer you for a reasonable price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 03:25

water leak in the boot - check the boot vents - they need resealing - it was quite common when the 5's came out

nice car tho - and red - red ones are fster lol
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 04:11

Don't tempt me Dash, I'll see how the finances look once this Clio's sold. I think (hope) spare monies might be going on a car for me - should go for a relatively sensible mk4 (I'm strangely tempted by a V5 with a nice exhaust) but god knows what I'll actually end up with.

Cheers Fitzy, seems nice & dry now & the brake light has cleared - I wonder if the last owner just got a bit enthusiastic with the jetwash before we saw it last week, will keep an eye on it. Having done a few trips out in it now, I really like this mk5 - soo comfortable & takes off pretty well too Smile
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2012, 02:23

Dashworth wrote:
I've got some lovely 19" bbs split rims I could offer you for a reasonable price Very Happy

Drop me a pm if you still have these Dash, got to get 4x new tyres for the Monzas, so I guess now is the time to look at other options Smile

Might be an expensive week for the Gti, needed a service, maybe replacement cam chains (gone in the garage today to have it checked out), tyres and discs and pads!
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2012, 10:18

£800 takes them off my hands.

You will need to repolish them and fit 1 new tyre as there is a slow puncture but ring me on 07974680156 if your interested.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 07:39

they would look daaammm fine onna mk5 them wheels

DOIT DOOOOOIT
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 00:48

You've got about a week to decide if you want these or not mate. I'm going to have them referbed and colour-coded and keep them if you don't let me know mate.
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 13:26

Got the mk5 back on Thursday, cost us almost £1k in the end, turned out to be an issue with some VVT valves and hub apparently. Managed to pick up some A8 winters with a new set of falkens on Saturday, they should go on next Friday, will look a bit budget for a while; when funds allow I think eibach springs or something similar will go on, to bring it down a bit... Smile
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2012, 09:58

Used an abused this motor and it's not taken it well - missus finally had enough when the boot flew open while she was driving, with the dog sat in the back Mad Good job the pooch is too stupid to jump out & instead just sat there wondering wtf was happening Smile

Anyway, its going to need some money throwing at it, especially after the mother of all wheel curbing incidents (and I quote "I came in a bit hot" she said) I think the Mk5 days are numbered. Bad times but we never got it sorted like I wanted it, spent that budget on engine rebuilds! I've never even cleaned it and that's usually not a good sign, I used to clean my snotty mk3 every fortnight at least.

Every cloud tho, money's down on a Black Mk6 Gti should be here in a few weeks!
Back to top Go down
chenn
Nomad
Nomad
chenn

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2012, 10:09

Bad times mate but I do like the mk6! Did you buy the Audi wheels in the end?
Back to top Go down
chenn
Nomad
Nomad
chenn

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2012, 10:10

Although they might not be the ones I'm thinking of
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2012, 11:29

Yeah got the Audi wheels, haven't got any pics but they are typical Audi 18" monoblock design. was hoping to get them refurbed in silver and get the thing sat lower, would've looked nice - as it stands they've got a sodding great dent in the front offside and a little one on the rear and I'm not even sure if they're worth repairing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More door Red Mk5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More door Red Mk5   More door Red Mk5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More door Red Mk5
Page 1 of 1