Time for an update
We went up on Sunday to go and get some more work done on Cherry. We left nice and early and got there about 10 and set to work.
First off was the wiring loom - getting it untangled, out of the car and separating the lighting loom from the rest of the loom.
Neither me or Russ wanted to do it so we got Russ' girlfriend to give it a go, She did an awesome job
We also got the fuel tank on (apologies for no pictures) and managed to run all the fuel lines to the bay.
They came off really easily and it was surprisingly easy to do.
They've all been clipped into the clips on the underside we've even managed to sort out the wiring so its just a case of plugging the fuel pump into the loom
The only problem we encountered the whole day was the gear shifter - Dapperdan suggested mounting it inside the cab so it was a bit like a berg cup shifter...
unfortunately we couldn't figure out how to get the bolts in and secure it properly so that the task for next week... here it is looking sorry for itself lying on the floor
Thats it for this update, sorry there aren't a great deal of pictures this time - we were working non stop till about 5 so lots got done but not many pictures got taken.
I'll leave these two here for the time being though, One of the Mk3 looking very, very sorry for itself resting on breeze blocks (who needs axel stands)
The last one is Russ humping the fuel tank
dont quite know what we were doing at that point and a big shot of the unit and all the mess we've made
Hope you guys enjoyed the update - more to come soon