Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm

Go down 
+8
Shelley
peter_bfc
minty "TIMMY"
dapperdan
MartinR
hoppinmad
Dashworth
MattyV6
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blue Bullet Girl
Nomad
Nomad

HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2012, 12:21

minty "TIMMY" wrote:
we should do a trail meet there!

Now dat sounds like a good idea...

& they may even have Hot n Strong Hot choc to drink
Back to top Go down
Shelley
Nomad
Nomad
Shelley

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2012, 16:06

The hot chocolate was actually very passable this time!!
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 04:55

So what's going On then? This move to the ski centre seems to have been On the cards since I met the nomads?
Why is it takIng so long to make a decision? What's the problem with a move? Maybe share the problems with the forum users and we could have some input into the move instead of it just being talked about every couple of months

The meet at the ski centre matty sorted seemed to go really well and it seems like the ski centre may get pinched off us as a possible venue if nothing gets done about it...

As for the club being a hemel club... Is it still a Hemel club? If so does that mean I should go find a different vwclub to hang with because I'm not from Hemel? Seems kinda silly to promote it like that if many of the newer (including me) forum users and people who come to the meet are not from Hemel...

If this is being talked about by the mods, isnt it time to make a decision? Before its too late?

Dash
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 05:56

Hi Dash..it has been in the process of getting hold of the manager of the snow centre..he knows we want to come and see him as my nephews work there. We tried to arrange a meeting yesterday but he wasnt in so we are hopefully going up later today as he is in until 5pm.
As the Cow Roast situation has dragged abit it has become a bit confused....but dont loose any hair over it as I will keep peeps updated.
I will update later after the meeting.

Are Nomads happy with this move? I do think the small dark bumpy carpark puts people off and there is not much reason to even clean our cars before meets in the winter months.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 06:54

maybe worth creating a new thread for this then pinky? just to see what everyone thinks?

Its not really my place to get involved with where we do and dont meet as a club but if there is talk on other forums of creating a 'hertfordshire club' at the ski centre...

maybe its worth making the move sooner rather than later, it would be a shame if after all this talk of a move we cant make it because another club has appeared and are using that car park as a staging ground?

its just something to think about, im not trying to rush a move but if there are more pro's than cons then surely it just makes sense?

Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 07:43

[quote="Dashworth"]maybe worth creating a new thread for this then pinky? just to see what everyone thinks?

doing it now ;-)
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 10:46

sorry my "hemel club" was said by "minty timmyyyyyyyy" i dont mean it to kick off!!!..........................anyways jocolor
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 07:34

its fine mate xx
Back to top Go down
MattyV6
Nomad
Nomad
MattyV6

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 08:35

Dashworth wrote:
So what's going On then? This move to the ski centre seems to have been On the cards since I met the nomads?
Why is it takIng so long to make a decision? What's the problem with a move? Maybe share the problems with the forum users and we could have some input into the move instead of it just being talked about every couple of months

The meet at the ski centre matty sorted seemed to go really well and it seems like the ski centre may get pinched off us as a possible venue if nothing gets done about it...

As for the club being a hemel club... Is it still a Hemel club? If so does that mean I should go find a different vwclub to hang with because I'm not from Hemel? Seems kinda silly to promote it like that if many of the newer (including me) forum users and people who come to the meet are not from Hemel...

If this is being talked about by the mods, isnt it time to make a decision? Before its too late?

Dash

Dash the meet that me and a couple of others sorted at the Ski centre was just a load of us mates getting together and having a bit of fun, there is no 'club' involved as such although we did use various forums to get people intrested. It was more of 'lets see how many people from Herts are actually intrested', that was the first one.

If you guys did move the venue to the Ski centre its not a problem it was just an easy venue with good lighting AND all the people who came to that one would more than likely come to it again if the Nomads decided to use the centre every month.

I managed to get almost 30 names down on the list to come to the ski centre, out of that around 17 turned up, it was freezing though on the night.

Pinky would you consider having the guys who came to the ski centre come to the nomads meet if you did hold it their? I know they are itching to meet up again because i keep getting asked to sort out another date, the Nomads would be a fairly big meet every month we got everyone together on the same date?
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 08:49

Matt, it's cool man, no worries... My point was about getting a decision made instead of just talking about it now and again...
Just seems that with the amount of people turned up at your little gathering considering the weather was very impressive and it WILL get used in the future if the nomads didn't make a decision.
The votes up now anyway so looks like the location of the feb meet will be decided in a couple of days Smile
Back to top Go down
MattyV6
Nomad
Nomad
MattyV6

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 08:57

Dashworth wrote:
Matt, it's cool man, no worries... My point was about getting a decision made instead of just talking about it now and again...
Just seems that with the amount of people turned up at your little gathering considering the weather was very impressive and it WILL get used in the future if the nomads didn't make a decision.
The votes up now anyway so looks like the location of the feb meet will be decided in a couple of days Smile

lol i didnt want you all to think we were stealing your venue, it started off small then got big haha Embarassed

Dash im all up for changing it to the Ski centre, i know that the guys that came to the one we did last month would deffo come every month if it was held their. Unfortunately although not that much further the Cow roast for most of them is a little far.

Because it wasnt a club meet as such i could see them fitting in with the Nomads really well as they are all up for a monthly meet and with summer (kinda on its way lol), the numbers every month could hit 40 to 50?

Im not to sure what the plans for the Nomads is but if your looking to increase numbers and cars i definately know the Ski centre would pull in alot of people.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm   HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HERTS Hemel Ski Centre VAG MEET Sat 10th Dec 6.30pm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2