Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old beginings

Go down 
+4
dapperdan
Fitzy
Dashworth
Retrotub
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Retrotub

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 17:26

Hello,

I met a nice lady at work yesterday who didnt run off screaming while I bored her about my new £250 car project. (wont give her name but she said something about a corrado getting a 3.0)
She also suggested I check out nomads.

Ive got a bit of a project but then I normally have. This is my first VW project car though as ive previously been into Mazda's for about 15 years. this one i want to do most of the work myself as ive been a bit of an amateur in the past and paid for the hard stuff to be done.

Mazda's have gone and now my time is going to be invested in a 1989 polo salon mk2.
Plenty of plans for her but first she needs some paint and a tidy up and some wheels that are the same size all the way round!

I plan on puting an afh on cbr 600 carbs and eventually a megajolt next year in her, but first get the basics done then maybe start on brakes, subframe and bracing and a beefy'er rear beam. Loads to do! Very Happy

So once we finish the body work and source the missing trim and get the new wheels on ill be enjoying 55bhp less 22 years, so not exactly going to be setting the world alight for some time Wink

Really looking forward to getting her back on the road and tidy.

Ill do a build thread in the next few days if anyone's interested.

Here is a picture of the loon as I bought her two weeks ago. The car is now in grey primer though
Old beginings Polo1

Here are the Revolution RFX 13" x 7j's I am presently rubbing down changing the white for gunmetal anthracite - leaving the lips polished, Wink
Old beginings Polorevwheels

Hopefully Ill get to a meet soon, although for a Herts club meets you have picked the most obscure little corridor of Hertfordshire that is almost in wales! Laughing Im in Bishops Stortford so tring is a fair old treck - especially for a 22 year old car with probably less than 50bhp Smile

Anyway, hope to get there soon, for a natter and a tyre kick, as soon as my exhaust isnt held on with speaker cable Wink
Old beginings DSC00986

Cheers - thanks for looking
JC

Last edited by Retrotub on Wed Aug 10 2011, 01:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 23:42

welcome man! be good to see you at a meet in the not too distant future Smile

hope you enjoy your stay
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 05:01

welcome to the forum...............and we Old beginings 161462 build threads so keep us posted Smile

good luck with the car
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 09:47

nice one crack on keep us posted
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 12:17

Welcome to the nomads. Looks like a nice litttle project you got going on there.... keep us updated on the progress Smile

by the way mines the rado having the 3 litre lump put in Twisted Evil

Last edited by D.A.M IT! on Fri Aug 12 2011, 09:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake vRS
Nomad
Nomad
Jake vRS

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 09:18

hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 09:10

Welcome to the family
Back to top Go down
Retrotub

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14 2011, 03:01

Thanks for the welcome folks.

look forward to making a meet soon as well as doing the usual forum stuff.

Cheers
JC
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 14:54

Oh hai!!

Retrotub wrote:

I met a nice lady at work yesterday who didnt run off screaming while I bored her about my new £250 car project. (wont give her name but she said something about a corrado getting a 3.0)
She also suggested I check out nomads.

Yeah that would be me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old beginings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old beginings   Old beginings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old beginings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: General :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: