Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adams MK3 TDI

Go down 
+5
hoppinmad
Fitzy
PremiumVeeDub
Dashworth
Adamdubz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Adamdubz
Nomad
Nomad
Adamdubz

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 11:03

OK so i thought it’s about time to put up a thread for my mk3
I got this car completely standard after my mk2 i really wanted to make a car my own and do it myself and not get one already done up. The body work was pretty tatty when i got it but the engine seems in pretty good part from a coolant leek

Photobucket
Photobucket

So first things first I put my momo arrows on it as most people no i love these wheels and will probably never run anything els Very Happy

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then i got some coilovers off Dan he drives a dragon green mk3 though putting these on was not fun took quite a while as the old springs were all rusted and not fun. I first got the fronts on and drove around like it for a while, ermm didn’t really like looking at the floor all the time so a few days later i lowered the back.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I then raised the back a little bit as i didn’t like the stance of the car.

Photobucket

I sticker bombed the grill and tow eye covers and Dan also gave me a standard splitter so the car came more together
I picked up some gti rear lights and halo head lights and had to replace the central locking pump as i broke the one in the car lol......

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then i got a vr6 splitter which looks allot nicer than the standard gti one and a debadge grill and the bumper grills .

Photobucket

I have now taken out the front helper springs so the car is about as low as i can get it

Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks for reading there is SOOOO much more to come Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 14:23

nice one adam Smile

nice car, nice guy Razz
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 15:17

looking good, that was some serious rake affraid
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 04:04

looks great nice one fella
Back to top Go down
hoppinmad
Nomad
Nomad
hoppinmad

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 04:33

love the arrows
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 11:59

Adams MK3 TDI  IMG_0705

Adams MK3 TDI  002

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 16:34

hmm a country,very nice, but i think its missing roof lights,pre-runner/trophy truck style roof lights Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2011, 07:33

Nice TDI Adam, I really like this - sits well (a lot better than my mk3 at the moment!) and loving the sticker-bombed fog lamp bit.
Back to top Go down
Adamdubz
Nomad
Nomad
Adamdubz

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 18:43

Ok time for a update first i had to put the helper springs back in as it just wasn’t good lol. i moved the number plate for jokes with my mate and quite liked it, works for me as Its a chav mod as dash put it Very Happy.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I also have a monkey cable tied to the rear which i get very nasty looks from kids by it being there, Does it make a noise i hear you ask, well yes it does.
Photobucket
I needed a change from the momo’s so I traded them for some bbs rz’s which I am very happy about.
Photobucket

My mate Dan was scrapping his mk 3 golf so he let me take some bits from it including leather door cards, k&n panel filter, rear head rests, engine cover and a bottom bumper grill. I still have a pesky water leek but its still not a problem for the moment.

Photobucket
Thats all for now still loads more to come Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jake vRS
Nomad
Nomad
Jake vRS

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 02:17

looks nice mate, much prefer it without the momo's!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 03:33

wheres the water getting in mate?
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 03:39

like it adam!

put your numberplate back where its meant to live!!!!
Back to top Go down
Adamdubz
Nomad
Nomad
Adamdubz

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 03:56

its not getting in its getting out of part of the coolant system lol not good times
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 18:23

Have to agree looks loads better on the BBS and now with some added lows Cool + glad you lost the sticker bombs on the grill and lights as well. I've never been much of a fan of that type of look tbh

Dashworth wrote:
like it adam!

put your numberplate back where its meant to live!!!!
Leave it where it is and get the bumper smoothed I say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adams MK3 TDI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams MK3 TDI    Adams MK3 TDI  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adams MK3 TDI
Page 1 of 1