Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who can plastic weld??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

Who can plastic weld?? Empty
PostSubject: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 14:37

i have an idea i want for the golf grill but cant do it. can any one help me?
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30 2008, 07:36

just use a soldering iron and practice on it, ive tried and its sorta difficult til you get the knack, might look shite when first welded but sand it down after and it wil look standard.
Back to top Go down
G4Z
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30 2008, 09:30

I used a soldering iron a few times, and it has worked well. depends on how big a job you are thinking of doing and if it's on the outside of the grill as it can look quite messy. when you start rubbing down it also becomes weak.
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30 2008, 13:18

i done my front bumper to the grill Very Happy look in the garage section
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25 2008, 15:39

I want to make a badgeless grill out of 2 old-school grills.... so i need a plastic welder too............................................................................er Musto!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26 2008, 11:27

haha, bring them 2 E38, and show me what you want done, painted aswell i take it?
Not sure yet, but i know some plastics dont melt to well for plastic welding, they just crackle and smell get you pretty drunken
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26 2008, 16:41

Musto wrote:
haha, bring them 2 E38, and show me what you want done, painted aswell i take it?
Not sure yet, but i know some plastics dont melt to well for plastic welding, they just crackle and smell get you pretty drunken
Laughing lol.... you must be on it all the time Laughing Laughing ... i prob pop and see you before E38 dude..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can plastic weld??   Who can plastic weld?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who can plastic weld??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: Car Section :: Technical-
Jump to: