Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)

Go down 
+3
PINKY
Dashworth
louisv6
7 posters
AuthorMessage
louisv6
louisv6

New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) Empty
PostSubject: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29 2010, 12:33

Evening all.

Thought I would announce myself as being back on the scene after a few years being confused and distant (couple of mercs, newer VWs, but nothing feels quite right unless I can smell petrol and for that you need carbs bounce - more than one ideally).

Just bought this from Pete:
https://nomads.canadian-forum.com/cars-car-parts-for-sale-f5/my-mk-is-up-for-sale-guys-no-jokes-mk2-twin-40-webers-t2969.htm

I'm driving it as much as I can, although really I should be working on it as there's loads I want to do (and driving it is expensive, I've discovered, as two carbs drink a fair bit of fuel apparently!).

Pete had already cleaned up the outside of the car really nicely, so I thought I'd take a stab at the interior with some of that halfords interior-cleaning-goo, and although I forgot about having cleaned the seats, and ended up with a wet arsch, it was worth it because the interior has come up a treat.

Next up is taking the arches off and looking at the inevitable - as tidy as the car is, there's rust under them there arches and it's gonna need sorting so I figure I'd better do it sooner rather than later. I know there's rust - just not sure how much, and taking the arches off is a bit like visiting the doctor. You know it's gotta be done, but you don't really want to hear what they're going to say... Mad

Anyway that's it for now - hope to see some of you at a meet some time soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29 2010, 14:57

welcome back Smile
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30 2010, 01:20

Hi again..lol Smile

I love your car....
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30 2010, 03:31

Hey louis, nice buy, looks soo clean - hopefully see you around mate
Back to top Go down
blackGTI
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31 2010, 02:05

welcome mate
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31 2010, 15:19

Hi and welcome dude! lookforward to seeing both you and the car at next meet!! man that car is sweet!
Back to top Go down
louisv6
louisv6

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01 2010, 01:36

Thanks. I still can't get over how much it pops and bangs when you're driving along on tickover. Makes me laugh every time I get in it :-D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2010, 10:41

hi louis afro
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09 2010, 03:36

Welcome to the family afro afro
Back to top Go down
louisv6
louisv6

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09 2010, 03:58

Thanks.

Arches are now off, and there's some scary stuff lurking under there.

It'll need new front wings and some donor rear wings... somehow. Anyone know if the rears are the same as a coupe?

Once it's all sorted I'm leaving the arches off I reckon... The less plastic the better as you really start to see the shape of the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)   New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New arrival (no, thankfully, it's not a baby)
Page 1 of 1