Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current Toys

Go down 
+17
brindle
wilko26
Super_Shaun
dapperdan
Gold-mk1
blakey
Knighty
sparkie1984
CADDYANDY
vwdeviant
Bazza
Fitzy
EditiononeG60
vr6brew
PINKY
adzG60
Calimori
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

toys - Current Toys Empty
PostSubject: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2008, 12:56

Here are my current Toys:

toys - Current Toys Toys

The Golf has been with me only a week but the ideas are forming.... Get the mechanicals right first, engine needs some new pipes and thing to keep the charge cool. By then I should know what to do with the way it looks.
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2008, 04:09

what plans u got for the mk4 dude?
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2008, 14:41

Nice little collection you got there. Very Happy
What one are you bringing to the meet on thursday??
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2008, 12:00

adam_bmx wrote:
what plans u got for the mk4 dude?
Engine, pipes, tubes, intakes, replace, replenish and make cool and clean. Then revo once I know it will take it and benefit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2008, 16:07

nice motors mate, badgeless grille,s on mk4,s look good!!..imo Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2008, 16:19

my bro has a mk4

slammed on coilies
black with polished face 18'' BBS from anniversary model
badgeless grille

ill get some pics up of it!
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2008, 04:57

cnt beat cool and clean! lets see it on its arse aswell lol
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08 2008, 16:18

Well hot side silicon pipes have been ordered with a Black Forge Recirculating Valve.... Get the engine running properly first then it needs suspension done.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2008, 04:32

Golf:
New dirverter valve fitted and now the boost leak has been cured. Did not realise how much power was being lost. Rest of turbo silicon pipes will be fitted on Saturday.
Home made replacement piping for crank gases is holding on but needs removing this weekend for analysis to see how it is holding up inside. Still chasing a vac leak somewhere...
Plan to polybush the front next as it is rattling.

Beetle:
Headliner needs to be ordered and front light rims but all I can find is repro-rubbish that will not last one year.
Plan to change the carb gasket, points, oil and air filter, ready for another year of dubbing.
Back to top Go down
EditiononeG60
Nomad
Nomad
EditiononeG60

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06 2008, 13:18

like the baby blue on the beetle

you gonna keep it forever ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07 2008, 16:02

I can't see me selling her but should use her a bit more as otherwise she is wasted. Going fast is not what she is about, there is just something special about driving the old ones. That picture does not do her justice but she does need a clean.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2008, 04:47

Time spent on the Beetle, images do not do the paint shine justice:

toys - Current Toys DSCN4792

Clayed, paint cleaner polished, nurishment polished and top coat polished.
Drop spindles to lower the front slightly.

toys - Current Toys DSCN4793

I think the hight is about right all-round now.

toys - Current Toys DSCN4794

Wheels rub a little so 155's are on order.

toys - Current Toys DSCN4795

The tow loop might have to be lost as it is hitting things. Neutral
New drivers trailing arm as I could not get the mangled ball joint out the oringinal. Anti-roll bar clamp is missing so need to be a little careful until one that actually fits arrives.
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2008, 08:01

looks MUCH better now u've dropped the front down , such a beautiful car
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2008, 09:08

Yeah it's bloody gorgeous
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon May 12 2008, 02:39

Thanks for the good comments, I have a few more things to do including a new headliner and some other bits. Once the workshop is up and running I can see a lot more work is going to be done.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2008, 04:44

Well the Beetle had it's day in the sun for the wedding, the week before it had new tyres all round which highlighted the wheels need a refurb so that is on the cards later.

Last week I fitted a new metal pipe on the Golf to replace the plastic one that broke, this is for the crank gasses. That was a disaster as the bottom joint that the pipe goes into is rubber and has also given up.
I have also taken a hammer and chisel to some plastic that was stopping the correct seating of the cold side turbo pipe to cure my leak there. I know already that it is not where the original leak was.....
Plan now is to order a upgraded intercooler and when I am fitting that replace the last pipe that I have not got to yet.
Cars, do I still love them??? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2008, 04:37

Get shot of the Goof and get a VR Rado.. with a s/charger!

DO IT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2008, 13:08

really cool collection. love the beetle, looks heavy in the metal when i saw it at stoner, real cool mate!!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2008, 04:57

Just a little update.
With a new girlfriend in my life, it has been a little bit difficult to make a day of working on the cars. However she was working yesterday so I had a go.

The Golf engine was degreased so working on it was cleaner and also to ensure dirt did not fall into any areas where pipes were being disconnected. The 20VT engine runs two crankcase gas blow offs, that connect back into the air intake as well as a third connection that uses a one way valve. I have previously been working on the upper hose so now I needed to replace the other one and the one way valve.

This initially looked like I needed to remove the inlet manifold but I was able to get away with just getting my tiny hands under it once I had removed several other pipes. Any one with a 20VT engine will know the plate that holds several electronic gadgets that sit in front of the inlet, it also holds the top of the dipstick.

The dipstick tube broke as expected so I had a spare, the only other problem was getting the large lower crank tube out with limited space (would have been easier if I had taken the inlet off). Does anyone else had the clips that they use for tubes, getting them off in tight spaces was hard.
All tubes replaced and re-assembled I replaced some other tubes with silicon ones. Then re-bodged the secondary air system used for cold start up with some tubing until Matty and I can work out what the original part should be. I found the part number on the old part so hopefully that will help...: 06A 133817Q
Engine now clean and I will monitor the ECU to see if I am still getting a boost leak. If I am then I might give up... Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2008, 06:05

calimori is a legend! love your write ups man! dont give up dude!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2008, 11:15

i'll take note of the part number and check it out 2moro 4 ya (if i get time)
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2008, 11:16

very nice bug u got there mate
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2008, 00:21

Dubsy wrote:
calimori is a legend! love your write ups man! dont give up dude!!
Thanks mate, I bought this car because after my MK2 was killed I didn't have the heart to "fix" another car up. I have ended up chasing a problem with boost leak since I bought it and it is getting annoying.

My degreasing has upset the gear leakage, that or one of the nuts that went missing found a new home. When warm, third can be hard to hit first time. I have applied a lot of grease to hopefully the right area so we shall see.

Fitzy wrote:

i'll take note of the part number and check it out 2moro 4 ya (if i get time)
Cheers for that Matty, it was a massive help knowing that when I started the work, that the parts were correct and going to fit, I would have given up if they had not fitted and your help has been greatly appreciated.

CaddyAndy wrote:

very nice bug u got there mate
I can't see her ever being sold, a long and slow process but I worth it.....
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2008, 06:21

OK, the Golf sounds like it is going to need new shocks on the front to pass an MOT at the end of Jan. So what suggestions should I go for, I am happy to get coilovers but I can't go lower that 40mm. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2008, 08:58

Sell it and buy some coilies attached to a VR Rado!

Job done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Toys   toys - Current Toys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current Toys
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next