Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR

Go down 
+3
Bazza
dubrichard
L55KE B
7 posters
AuthorMessage
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Empty
PostSubject: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 06:27

Well ive been a nomad for long enough now so thought it was about time i stopped being lazy and got some pics up.
Ive had the car for nearly 4 years now so ill eventually dig out all the older pics of my build aswell for any one thats interested.

The basic specs:
Fully rebuilt 2.8 vr6 obd1, Z-Engineering supercharger, Schrick manifold, DRC 268 cams (schrick copys),ARP bolts, gas-flowed head with polished valves, Heat wrapped 6 branch exhaust manifold, sports cat and custom made exhaust, enlarged throttle bodie, VF engine mounts, Black diamond clutch, short shift gear linkage, Eibach ARBs, FK Highsport coilovers, fully polybushed, Kerscher carmona alloys 7.5x16" front and 9x16" rear

Not really got any recent pics but heres some from a few months ago
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR DSCF0001
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR DSCF0005
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR DSCF0008
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR DSCF0019
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR DSCF0015
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR DSCF0016
Back to top Go down
dubrichard
Nomad
Nomad
dubrichard

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 06:42

looking good mate i like the blue interior n the blue wheels works well
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 06:46

Just found the original pics from ebay when i 1st got the car bk in august 2006, so may aswell start at the beginning of my journey of vr6 ownership. i already had 2 or 3 mks before i picked up the vr so had a few goodies waiting to go on before i actually had the car.
She was a bit of a shed but for £1300 with 121,000 what do u expect!

MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR 1
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR 1
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR 3

urgh horrible blue cloth interior! lucily i already had some black leather to go in
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR 4
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR 5

Heres one when i 1st got her home
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Image018
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 06:57

Thanks Mate, The wheels were already blue when i got them and i wasnt to sure about them at 1st especially as i only had black leather aswell and i always liked the colour concept interior so when mine came up at a bargain price i had to have it! Also the recaros are so much more comfortable than the crappy standard seats Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 13:26

Always good to see this noisy car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 13:41

gotta love a good VR!!!- this is an awesome car luke! love it
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 14:01

nice car man, cant wait to see it in the flesh at gti international
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 14:38

i do like this car alot im loving the wheels Cool
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2010, 05:51

Thanks for all the comments guys.

heres a few pics ive found once i fitted all my bits i had waiting to go on before i got there car.
Fitted the leather, Changed the grille, fitted 17" audi tt alloys, Mk4 style headlights, Crystal fogs, indicators and side repeaters, Clear rear lights and got the arces rolled and the exhaust done at R-tec in st albans.

MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Halfway
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Halfway2
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Halfway3
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2010, 11:50

Always liked your car mate sweeet couler isit satin silver?? i think, reading the spec make me like it more, the tailgate is class.
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2010, 14:49

In feb 2007 it was finally time to get the car booked into the bodyshop for some badly needed colour coding. I had the side skirts, arches and door strips painted along with the wing mirrrors washer jets and de locked door handles while it was there i also had my smoothed rear bumper and tailgate painted and fitted an rs style front bumper.
Also while it was with the bodyshop i had my private reg transferred over.

MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Finished2
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Finished1
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Finished3
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Finished4
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Finished5
MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR Finished

I already had the smoothed tailgate and smoothed rear bumper as they used to be on my old 1.4 mk3 but i had the bodyshop plastic weld in a mk4 golf number plate recess because before the number plate was just stuck on the bumper.

It stayed like this for a while with the exception of the front bumper as that only lasted a few months before i got annoyed with the rubbish fit and i was never really to keen on it in the 1st place really.
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03 2010, 05:32

the porsche wheels looked really nice the other night mate...............are they staying on ??
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2010, 08:19

i loooooove this VR i think its coz it's silver it makes it look UBER PHAT!!!
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2010, 09:47

No the porsche wheels were only fitted temporarily while i had the others refurbed so wont be staying on prob just keep em for winter wheels. Im not 2 sure about them on my mk3 either but they are growing on me a bit but i think i prefer a bit of poke instead of tuck.

Cheers dan, I think silver is the best colour on a mk3 that was really my only 2 major points when looking for a vr it had to be silver and had to be 3dr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR   MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY VR... THE STORY SO FAR
Page 1 of 1