Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY

Go down 
+3
GTi-Jay
vr6brew
spooner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
spooner
Nomad
Nomad

DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY Empty
PostSubject: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22 2008, 16:28

So went to get some cash out yesterday and the machine said CARD ISSUER UNABLE TO CARRY OUT REQUEST

So went to Barclays down town got the same message, so i thought i would see what my balance was CARD ISSUER UNABLE TO CARRY OUT REQUEST

So tried the above this morning, got same message, so called customer services and my accounts on stop because some F***ing C**t has cloned my card!

So i asked how they knew? "Well sir you paid for goods of £12.06 at Texaco petrol station Kingslangley on thursday at 06.15am and at 10.30am someone trid to take out £1000 in Sri Lanka

so i now have F*** all money until my new card arrives

ALL I WOULD HOPE FOR IS THIS DOES'NT HAPPEN TO SOMEONE ELSE
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22 2008, 16:47

Holy sh-t! mate did anything go missing? did the bank stop the transaction?
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 01:36

happened to me b4 just pisses me off that some one can stup that low to steal off other people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 14:16

Bloody hell, not good mate! When i worked at sainsburys there was alot of it going on. There are so checky how they do it. They put a reader in the cash machine and a camera that looks onto the pin pad. so they clone your card and get your pin! Main things to look out for are:

Weird card slot - If it doesnt look normal, sticks out or feels loose walk away.
People hanging around
Lumps around the cash machine - Tiny cameras to get the pin No.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 10:19

Cheeky F*****S, that´s not even funny No
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 11:55

I have a selection of these cash card skimmers and the cameras, I was collecting them a few years ago. Chip and pin cards have done their bit to stop the cash card skimmers because they can't read the magnetic strip as they are slide into the slot, people are also more observant so it does not take long for them to be reported.

The best advice is to never let your card out of your site, put it yourself into the pin reader and don't let them touch it.

Hope the bank sort out the mess soon Spooner, it is their problem so make sure they deal with it as they do have a responsibility to you.
Back to top Go down
dubdom
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 17:41

Yep would like to add that me, my mum and a neighbour of mine have all had this happen recently, we all live up rucklers (road practically opposite) and we think this is were it happened. Cheeky c##ts some one rung me and asked if i was trying to withdraw monies in pakistan, to which i replied "im sitting in my kitchen"

I dont know how they do it because this has happened to loads of people in my school, and i try not to let it out of my sight! meh they didnt get ne fing n i got a spangly new card..
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2008, 04:22

They are taking the physical details, number, expiry and such and then using them in another country. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2008, 08:21

What have the police said? Surely they should get involved I meant that is so bloody blatent! I hve to say if it was me, I would want to go a round with Mr tamil tiger, see how tuff he is then. jeeze it boils my blood something chronic. We work so hard for our cash, while some lazy swine thins they have a right to steel it. bast%rds
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2008, 11:53

I guess it is difficult for the Police as most of the evidence is circumstantial with no other evidence such as timestamps, that would stand up court. They could trace back to when the card was used and who was on duty but then that is up to Texaco.

Texaco and the Banks are the best people to chase, the bank is eager to close down these loop holes as are the petrol stations but the culprits just move on and then run the same scam at your supermarket or something. This country chose a Chip and Pin system that does not work in some countries therefore they have left backwards compatibility open.

Don't let your card out of your site is the only way at present to deal with these scams.
Don't let you card be used in another country unless you are traveling to that country.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2008, 01:49

Yeah ok I hear what you are saying. Don't get me wrong I have no ill feelings towards the police. I just get so anoyed when things like this occur, espicialy when they are so dam blatent. The same thing happend to one of my work collegues a few months back. Guess what, also a TEXACO garage. I know its not just TEXACO at fault, but surely if this problem is becoming endemic, the fuel station cartels should get together and discus ways of iradicating it. For example only employing people who can be vetted. As you would with any bank employee etc. I personaly don't let anyone insert my car into the chip reader. I also make sure to cover the whole keypad with one hand while typeing with the other underneath. This goes for shopping centres as well.

I just find it so anoying that as an engineer, before I could start work properly here, I had to go through a three month vetting process. Giving my full family tree etc etc. Bearing in mind My parents were born in Yorkshire, and my entire family live and work here. The only people in our whole family to be born there are my brother and I. Yet you will get migrent workers coming from all over, working low level jobs EG fuel stations, no vetting nessesary?????? So in reality is it any wonder that we are having such problems?

Sorry guys rant over, just really wonder about government logic sometimes. Ohhh yeah thats right there isn't any.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2008, 03:52

Everything you are saying is right but these low paid jobs would not be cost efficient with security checks and many people see them as an invasion of their privacy. Personally I have had to accept them and have sworn the official secrets act, I have registered with the all police forces but then I am special.

I think the petrols stations need to sort out their problem and the banks need to put more pressure on them to do this.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2008, 04:10

Yeah fair enough. I would also register and do the full inland security vetting thing, however I believe you have to have lived in the UK for 5 years or more without any convictions etc. From a work perspective, depending on what your job entails, its a good thing for any type of engineer to do. To get full sercurity clearance to work on MOD prodjects is ticket to print your own bills. Although as I am sure you know its really not that easy or everyone would do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY   DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD TO PAY IN TEXACO KINGSLANGLEY
Page 1 of 1