Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

puddle in the rear footwell

Go down 
+3
Bazza
vwdeviant
purdx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
purdx
Nomad
Nomad
purdx

puddle in the rear footwell Empty
PostSubject: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05 2010, 13:18

The rear footwells in my girlfriends mk3 cabrio are full of water. The roof is in perfect nick, I've checked all over and can't find any leaks.

Anyone ot any idea where the waters coming from?
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06 2010, 11:38

Rear Lights?

Rear card area? Rear Window (leaking between roof and lining)

Front door membranes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2010, 13:07

Scuttle full of leaves?
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08 2010, 03:14

check the scuttle first dave!_ the water runs to the back of the car if they're blocked!
Back to top Go down
purdx
Nomad
Nomad
purdx

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08 2010, 08:00

NIce one, cheers all, I'll have a look when she gets in tonight
Back to top Go down
luckystrike
luckystrike

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08 2010, 16:24

As above, scuttle and door membranes would be first port of call.
Back to top Go down
http://www.no-rice.co.uk
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2010, 05:31

Is the puddle in both rear footwells?? if so then its likely to be the above as said by fitz, baz and co.... or if on one side could be a hole in the floor! ive had 3 mk3s and 2 have had holes in the floor which caused puddles in the rear footwells... good luck Dave!
Back to top Go down
purdx
Nomad
Nomad
purdx

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2010, 15:03

Yeah, its in both rear foot wells, more so on the driverside.

I looks like its the right hand drain from the scuttle thats causing the problem. The left hand side drains out fine, but the right side is pissing out of the arch liner in a few places. I've cleared it out so hopefully that'll cure the problem.

Now to clear the puddle and dry it all back out......

Cheers for the heads up on where to look fellas
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2010, 06:43

Glad you gettin it sorted dude! hopefully will be the end of yo puddles...
Back to top Go down
purdx
Nomad
Nomad
purdx

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2010, 15:26

Taken the day off tomorrow to get it sorted. Gotta get it all dry and ready to hopefully bring to some shows with ya'll next year (now i've sold my dub I gotta ask to borrow the mrs' ride... Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
gtipie

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2010, 00:56

If anyone questions - 'it doesn't leak - it's got the optional extra paddling pools'!!!!

Best of luck drying it out!!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2010, 01:43

Purdx.. news paper's best for mopping duties, just remember to keep changing it every day or so till most of the puddle's gone.... or get a Vax wetNdry on it...

Try to use the car with heat on full blast for a while too (cracking the windows open a touch as well when driving will help remove excessive moisture!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
gtipie

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2010, 02:42

My old mk2 Polo leaks a little, when it's damp inside I keep a little fan heater on the floor inside! Within mins it's like a sauna! Seriously though it gets a lot more heat in there than the car heater does and drys it out a treat - make sure you leave a door or window open a crack though!

If you would like I do own a wet and dry vac which gets a worst out, you're more than welcome to have a borrow of it!

Jon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: puddle in the rear footwell   puddle in the rear footwell I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

puddle in the rear footwell
Page 1 of 1