Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Free MOT (Audi)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2010, 04:56

Found this on the TT forum..just have to print the conformation letter and your sorted...

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-with-audi/free-mot/claim-free-mot.html
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2010, 05:11

I get 'free' MOT's. It turned out it was not free when the car failed and I wanted to repair it myself.
I fixed the car for £20 rather than £350....

I have read the documents attached to that page, the important parts are:
* Less than seven years old
* Last service done in lines with the manufacturers recommended service schedule
* less than 100,000 miles since reg

During the policy, the car must have been serviced by an Audi approved center

Sounds like you are going to be paying for it one way or another.
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2010, 05:50

Good detective work Cali Very Happy Wont be going there in june then...lol
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2010, 08:47

I think the killer here is that you are tied into their dealerships for servicing during the policy or else they won't cover the MOT and required parts. They would obviously ensure you passed by making you pay to have the parts in the servicing.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2010, 01:32

Calimori wrote:
I think the killer here is that you are tied into their dealerships for servicing during the policy or else they won't cover the MOT and required parts. They would obviously ensure you passed by making you pay to have the parts in the servicing.

Which is technically illegal..
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2010, 02:22

I actually don't think it would be illegal.
If you were to break the policy then they would not pay for the parts or give you a free MOT, which is the same as what I get if I don't sign the policy.
What they are actually offer is very good in a way, almost a guarantee that if you have your car serviced with them then they will ensure it passes an MOT or they will pay to ensure it does.
We know that It should pass if a trained engineer is servicing it, looking for the things that would fail an MOT.

We don't all have cars less than 7 years and 100,000 miles, nor we all pay for regular servicing by Audi. But if we did then this would take more one stress away.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2010, 04:24

European law cover this....

A manufacturer cannot tie a customer into having servicing or repairs through a single franchise.

As long as the car is serviced by a registered garage at the specified intervals, and the book's stamped, there's nothing they can do and doesn't invalidate any warrany offered at purchase...

I been through this before with a F**d dealer trying to tie me into having a VW bought from them serviced only by them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2010, 09:22

But they are not forcing you into a service from them, they are offering a free MOT if you have a service from them.
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31 2010, 09:55

think u might have slightly misunderstood this jon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free MOT (Audi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free MOT (Audi)   Free MOT (Audi) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free MOT (Audi)
Page 1 of 1