Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nearly got smashed to hell!!

Go down 
+5
dapperdan
Bazza
Calimori
looner
PINKY
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Nearly got smashed to hell!! Empty
PostSubject: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 04:37

Was driving down my mums road got to the bottom and was just about to pull out on to a 30mph road, I looked left and right saw it was all clear and started to pull out..all of a sudden some psycho in a Boxter was like 2m away from my car doing about 100mph.
I had to slam my breaks on and stop in the middle of the road...what peed me off the most was the fact that my two girls aged 8 and 3 were in the car and the road he was driving 100mph in a 30mph and has a primary school on..and its was 8.45am ..the time kiddys are going into school.
We are just soooo lucky..If I didnt have another glance things would have ended up very differently.
What a PR1ck!!!
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 06:41

What a moron,

I get so anoyed when people do stupid sh$t like that. I have no problem driving fast when its safe to do so. IE NO where near a school or 30 mph road for that matter! We have all opened it up a little on the highways when its been quiet. It only human nature. But what the guy in the boxter was doing is suicidal and ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 08:26

It is about responsibility, people might think they can handle that sort of speed in a built up area but they just can not factor in all the events. The situation might have scared him to think but sadly that is not the way this morons learn.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 08:33

Yeah I agree, however I fear its all to often the case that, they land up killing someone and living themselves when the inevitable accident occurs. Then we are supposed to feel sorry for the wanker becuase he/she has to live with the guilt. Sorry I feel for the family of the departed, and nothing for the ignorant loosers who feel they are better than everyone else by driving like total twats. Sorry if this seems harsh guys, however i lost my uncle to a situation like this. He pulled out of an intersection and was hit by a guy in a beemer doing a ridiculous speed in a residetial area. He left behind two sons and a wife. It really sickens me.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 08:59

I know noone likes them, including me, but why don't the government put speed camera's outside school areas. Seems to me they put them up in NOT accident black spots Mad They are just money making devices, cause they just shove them anywhere. Gets on my F*****G T**S makes me bounce mad. Sorry rant over lol!
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 09:25

average speed cameras! its gotta happen with strokers like that on the road , near a school

AND you had the bambini's in the car , i would say you have used one of your nine lives steph

its because of people like that make me always put my headlights on
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 11:14

Bazza wrote:
I know noone likes them, including me, but why don't the government put speed camera's outside school areas. Seems to me they put them up in NOT accident black spots Mad They are just money making devices, cause they just shove them anywhere. Gets on my F*****G T**S makes me bounce mad. Sorry rant over lol!

as i understand it, they can only put cameras in accident hot spots. Apparently there needs to be at least 3 serious accidents in that stretch of road before they can put a camera there.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2008, 14:21

yeah but in the fine print it doesnt have to include cars. One incedent could be someone falling off a bicycle and hitting there head on the pavement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 14:01

Bloody idiot! I agree with peter, yeah we all like to put our foot down but its all about doing it in the right place at the right time. Wankers like that are the people who cause accidents in which most cases the innocent are the worst off. They also make the law come down harder on those who arnt speed demonds. Cameras in School areas is a good idea, i think they should make the speed limit 20 on school roads too. Where my nephews go you get a few wankers driving past at like 50-60 when all the kids are around Mad
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 10:24

D.A.M IT! wrote:

as i understand it, they can only put cameras in accident hot spots. Apparently there needs to be at least 3 serious accidents in that stretch of road before they can put a camera there.

Ware road in hertford is a prime example, two cameras either side of the road, never been any accident´s there. Plus money from fines should go to improving the damn roads, not buying more of the blasted thing´s. Where is there logic?¿? No
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 12:30

Sorry guys but I see a lot of the logic behind it but it took a long time and a lot of riding with Police riders to believe in it. I also think that the public loss of faith is understandable given the way they were perceived and believed to be placed.

There is no way to convince people that they have been placed where there were fatal accidents or nine serious accidents but there are few that I see where I don't understand why an accident could have occurred at the site. Since starting to look out for dangerous spots where someone could knock me off my motorbike, I find that I am at the right speed when I then spot a camera.

However it deals with only one aspect of anti-social and dangerous driving and that is the speed part. However having witnessed a fair few motorbike accidents and seen a few car ones too, if you reduce the speed then the situation was saveable.
Unfortunately none of this does anything to improve the overall quality of driving, the ignorance of some people just not thinking about how their actions effect others, the people who are willing to sacrifice others safety, those who genuinely are not looking out for others. Any government who tried to force re-training, to a higher level, every three years would never stay in power but I think it is what we need.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
3peice
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 12:55

AdamVR wrote:
Bloody idiot! I agree with peter, yeah we all like to put our foot down but its all about doing it in the right place at the right time. Wankers like that are the people who cause accidents in which most cases the innocent are the worst off. They also make the law come down harder on those who arnt speed demonds. Cameras in School areas is a good idea, i think they should make the speed limit 20 on school roads too. Where my nephews go you get a few wankers driving past at like 50-60 when all the kids are around Mad
Shocked Evil or Very Mad lol!
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2008, 10:31

Cheers guys..I put this on Cliosport and the replies were just f-ing stupid...like
"how do you know he was doing 100mph??" and "I was in a plane and it could of crashed!"
errr are they thick??*

* dont answer the thick bit!..lol!
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2008, 10:47

What do you expect they are guys who drive clio's! they are all gay! hehehehe. Clio's re cool for woman, just not guys! hahahahaha Ok I am now running a diving beind the couch!
Back to top Go down
andy121
Nomad
Nomad
andy121

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2008, 10:56

PINKY wrote:
Cheers guys..I put this on Cliosport and the replies were just f-ing stupid...like
"how do you know he was doing 100mph??" and "I was in a plane and it could of crashed!"
errr are they thick??*

i used to have a clio and use cliosport.... ummm.... there..... alll wankers
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2008, 11:06

PINKY wrote:
errr are they thick??*

Because they think his actions were big and clever Most Clio drivers seem to think they are Fekkin Jason Plato round here!
I mean who the hell drives like that in something with the NCAP rating of a garden Gnome! (Sorry Steph but it is a french car!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2008, 02:18

Ahhh you see andy you are not gay, thats why you saw the light and bought a VW hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nearly got smashed to hell!!   Nearly got smashed to hell!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nearly got smashed to hell!!
Page 1 of 1