Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need help, really confussed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
farrantino
farrantino

need help, really confussed Empty
PostSubject: need help, really confussed   need help, really confussed I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2009, 09:25

hi all, thanks for eading.

i recently bought a corrado 2.0 16v 9a engine, when i bought her she wouldnt drive(kangarooing all the time and not revving past 1.5k), so i looked around and disconnected a micro switch on the intake and it worked fine (as far as i kno 1st time corrado).
then yesterday i serviced it and no.4 ht lead had a sensor thing on it, now being me i put the new leads on with out this extra piece.

and today took it for a spin and doesnt seem to pull as much, and she seems to idle just above 1k

also i think she running rich, the exhaust is jet balck and smells, lol, and when i rev it the exhaust pops as the revs die (rev die down slow).

ne ideas would be great
cheers
Back to top Go down
farrantino
farrantino

PostSubject: Re: need help, really confussed   need help, really confussed I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2009, 09:26

need help, really confussed 6456_212[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: need help, really confussed   need help, really confussed I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 03:34

PUT THE OLD LEADS BACK ON NOW! (or at least no 4) that "extra" lead is for the knock sensor on the block... ECU will be having a bit of a Spaz and have gone into it's version of limp home.... ie not working at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
farrantino
farrantino

PostSubject: Re: need help, really confussed   need help, really confussed I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 03:40

LOL, done tht last night. lol.
but what about the micro switch, does it matter if thats disconnected
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: need help, really confussed   need help, really confussed I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 03:50

everything needs to be connected! Micro-switch included!

Think your original issue could be sensor related... probably one of the two water temps sensors..

Does it come up to temp ok, sit there ok, fan comes on? doesn't overheat?

MFA on the dash work ok? Does it show oil temps? are they within limits?

Edit: You'll also need a "Pink" Haynes Passat Manual for the engine... Same engine is in the B4 Passat... There's no Haynes for the Corrado, there is a Bentley manual but these are £60+ second hand and don't cover the Valver engines but are very useful for everything else!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
farrantino
farrantino

PostSubject: Re: need help, really confussed   need help, really confussed I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 03:55

water temp is ok doesnt over-heat fan come on oil sits around 100, i have heard that the micorswitch has something to do with the lambda sensor is that right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help, really confussed   need help, really confussed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help, really confussed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: Car Section :: Scirocco/Corrado-
Jump to: