Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MK3 Cabrio roof

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
purdx
Nomad
Nomad
purdx

MK3 Cabrio roof Empty
PostSubject: MK3 Cabrio roof   MK3 Cabrio roof I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2009, 05:22

Has anyone got any tips for prolonging the life of a cabrio roof once they start to crack.

My girlfriend just spotted a tiny hole just behind the rear passenger window. Im a bit worried that everytime she uses the roof its gonna get bigger.

Any ideas would be greatly recieved!!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

MK3 Cabrio roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK3 Cabrio roof   MK3 Cabrio roof I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2009, 14:38

got me stummped dude!!

Can anyone help!!??
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

MK3 Cabrio roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK3 Cabrio roof   MK3 Cabrio roof I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14 2009, 06:42

has it split where the glue sets the seam? this started on mine and stupidly i continued using the roof now about 2 thirds of the seam has split when i could have just re glued the weak link to begin with. if it is this dont leave it
Back to top Go down
Doug
Nomad
Nomad
Doug

MK3 Cabrio roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK3 Cabrio roof   MK3 Cabrio roof I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 18:35

Any sorta resin waterproof glue etc.....

Make sure its either slightly strechy, like a silocone kinda thing or f*cking strong... araldite is always a winner

You got any pics of the crack???

And jake thats cause your just too tight to spend £3.99 -- and you like it when i have to sit in the back in the rain and get soaked.... which im still not happy about!!
Back to top Go down
http://Email: Tanilba@Hotmail.Co.Uk
blackGTI
Nomad
Nomad

MK3 Cabrio roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK3 Cabrio roof   MK3 Cabrio roof I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2009, 10:22

Ive got an evostick glue, its a silver tube with serious glue on the front! It stayed rubbery when dry maybe that would work?? I used it on my work boots once and it was fine
Back to top Go down
Doug
Nomad
Nomad
Doug

MK3 Cabrio roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK3 Cabrio roof   MK3 Cabrio roof I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28 2009, 05:44

Yeahh Only thing you wana ensure is that it stays hidden cause obviously it will stand out like a sore thumb in the summer when the lid is up and clean otherwise go for it...

Its one of those things you can always kinda have another go at...
Back to top Go down
http://Email: Tanilba@Hotmail.Co.Uk
Sponsored content

MK3 Cabrio roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK3 Cabrio roof   MK3 Cabrio roof I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MK3 Cabrio roof
Page 1 of 1