Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP! Empty
PostSubject: HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!   HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2009, 14:55

Brain picking time

The golf has developed a little shall we say 'quirk'! Suspect

When the golf dips to idle (850 rpm) the oil pressure warning light comes on and flash irratically. pale
It only does it at idle. when driving its fine and on the motorway to and from inters it was outstanding!

Knighty suggested that i remove the sump and gauze and clean them out properly as they get full of gunk, causing the oil pump to struggle! apparently Cali had a similar problem and this was the fix it.

just wondering if there was any other ideas

MOT due on 3rd July!

Dont wanna drive it really so unless fixed it means no Summer Festival! Sad
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!   HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2009, 17:06

Sorry can't help dude. Hope mk1 sumps aren't as much of a pain to do as mk2's, as they are a bitch.
Back to top Go down
3peice
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!   HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2009, 17:15

check sender first
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!   HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 01:51

Aye get a VAG sender (pattern ones are rubbish!), and clean out the oil pump's mesh, probably worth banging a new filter on while you're there...

Plus try a slightly thicker oil, esp in this hot weather... Had this with the Notch's old engine and going to "Diesel" spec oil helped it out... but then T3's do run hotter than T1's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!   HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 02:04

Rob,
Presuming the sensors are the same on my Kjet Mk2 and yours you are welcome to try my oil sensors before you shell out the redies to VW. (Pattern ones aren't worth sh!t!) Both engines are EV if I remember correctly.

Definately check the oil pickup for a buildup of crap, may be worth investing in an oil pump while the sumps off, I've never done one but Calimori has I think.

I'll be up the garage at least one more evening this week, if not I'll be there Saturday.

Stu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!   HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: General :: Dub Chat-
Jump to: