Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moonsta
Nomad
Nomad
moonsta

MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... Empty
PostSubject: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2009, 09:25

HI, can anyone shed any light on this one for me, the car starts first time but the revs won't die down less than about 1600 rpm. It did it the first time the other day at my mates when i accidently gas it some gas when starting it, now does it all the time making it undrivable. Yes i know i should put a weber on it but if you see my advert it got to be sold for wedding money!! Is the autochok stuck and if so is it repairable.
Cheers gang Sad
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2009, 16:42

Think they do make a repair kit for the choke. Might be worth checking to see if the cable is free enough, though i'm sure you've already done this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2009, 02:46

I hate pierburg carbs Sad nightmare!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2009, 04:03

You and me both dude.
Back to top Go down
SumpScraper
Nomad
Nomad
SumpScraper

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2009, 04:24

just buy a 32/34 so much better
Back to top Go down
moonsta
Nomad
Nomad
moonsta

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2009, 07:09

was out the house and missed an as new one all complete that went for £112:00, gutted...
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2009, 08:50

Loads at scrappies, just need to search for one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2009, 09:12

i need to look for one for mi madres wagen! them pierbergs need launching.
Back to top Go down
moonsta
Nomad
Nomad
moonsta

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2009, 14:23

getting brand new weber tom for less than the price of anew kidney!! so will all be better soon, thanks everyone for your help
now where's that gti cam that i had......
Back to top Go down
zecho

PostSubject: pierburg good if fitted right s*@! if not   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2010, 16:57

for ages my golf ran rough due to the carb all being connected wrongly plus lots of the little breather pipes were wrongly routed and perished.

you can hunt down a diagram, then spend hairpulling days and nights looking at it getting no where, i did this, then i bit the bullet went to vw wayside expensive but they sorted it out and gave it another choke about 350 but it has been running like a dream ever since.

THere is a mechanic their who didi his apprentiship on pierburg carbs so i think its your best bet if you dont want a webber.

good luck
charlie
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2010, 11:12

Yeah i know what you mean Charlie!! AdzG60 has a lot of probs with his mk1... esp in the damp!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....   MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MK2 Golf Pierburg Problems.....
Page 1 of 1