Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! Empty
PostSubject: New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES!   New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2009, 03:25

OK, so after weighing up the pros and cons of similar VW (basically a W8 Passat or something like an S Cool and also older M5s, 540i, M3s etc I eventually settled on a spec of RWD, preferably Auto but with the power to make this not a problem, German of course and not too off-brand (so Brabus, AC Schnitzer, Alpina - anything where spares are uber expensive). Originally I was looking at 328TDS as economy was an issue but for some reason I soon gave up..

After looking at a tempting but overpriced/sheddy AC Schnitzer-tuned 540i I found the AMG C43, a 310bhp V8 automatic with a list price of £48K + options and a good reputation for reliability and comfort.

New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! OS
New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! Front34-1
New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! Rear34

It has slightly rusty arches, which is common but it's all inside the arch and should vanish with a little bit of love (anyone recommend a paintshop for quotes?). Otherwise it looks and feels like a car that's done half the 132K on the clock, has full leather, xenons, sunroof etc etc, makes the weekly-or-more drive to C London very tolerable and has a neat party trick - put your foot down off the line and it's just gone (Autocar 0-60 time is 6.1s). Add in the luvverly AMG V8 soundtrack and I found my daily driver Very Happy

19.8mpg from the first tank Wink

She needs a good clay bar and the rest to bring the blue/purple pearlescent paint out at its best, and then I think I'm done - the other purchase criteria was for something that I could get original but still be happy with so a car that comes with a £3K titanium/ceramic exhaust is definitely a good start Very Happy
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES!   New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2009, 06:04

looks gd mate ill have to come up and have a look when ur about, and not asleep!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES!   New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12 2009, 06:34

Nice wheels man, I also love the slk32 and c32 supercharged motors. Really rapid cars and look so unasuming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES!   New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New daily driver - WARNING! NON VAG! AVERT THINE EYES!
Page 1 of 1