Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

intercooler piping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2009, 08:09

bassically its one peice of pipe i need it goes from the intercooler pipe to the pancake pipe !! mines split and fucked , any ideas ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruise-herts.net
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2009, 04:51

I think that is a known nightmare pipe, there is a lot about it on the MKIV forum.
Read half way down.
It is next on my list of pipes to re-work.
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2009, 08:21

i recently replaced my intercooler for fmic, still got some of old pipework, not 100% shore what one you need if you have a pic i will have a look
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2009, 08:39

this is what i got left mate
intercooler piping 000_1010
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2009, 16:17

dude i officaialy love you !!!! how much for the one to the left of the pancake pipe ?? i can come collect it asap Very Happy

lol that is the one that comes off the pancake isnt it ?
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2009, 11:18

you can have for free, you can get whenever you want, just give a days notice if you are coming in the daytime and i will take it to work, or you can come to my house in the evening any night u like
not sure which one you need but have a load of spare silicone hoses as well so if its just a straight connector im sure i will have the size
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2009, 05:26

right sorry its been so long i have lost your number mate can u call me on 07920002892 so i can sort this pipework out today ?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2009, 11:09

Gricey, which engine code is yours, am expecting it to be an AUM?
It should be a very short straight piece of rubber, the one to the left of the pancake is the one up to the inlet manifold from the intercooler.
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2009, 11:41

mine is aum yeah but i have the first part of a conversion pipe to eliminate the push fit fitting ,

and the short peice your refuring to sounds like the pancake to intercooler pipe

god i need a fmic and ditch the lot lmao
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2009, 12:04

Gricey wrote:
bassically its one peice of pipe i need it goes from the intercooler pipe to the pancake pipe !! mines split and fucked , any ideas ?
That was the bit you asked for Wink.
The Forge FMIC does not ditch this part either though Forge can make up a pipe.
This thread has some great ideas: Half way down
That is the way I plan to go.
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2009, 14:09

so what does the forge kit replace then on yours? i know on mine it replaces from the charge pipe to the cooler, from the inlet manifold to the pancake pipe, including pancake pipe and to the cooler again. also increasing the pancake pipe to 60mm.

i wonder why they dont on yours, id of thought if anything youd have even more, it also looks a bastod to fit Sad like mine
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2009, 00:20

I need to order a kit and find out but everyone I have spoken too says the kit replaces the hoses after the pancake-into the intercooler, then from the intercooler to the inlet. Our intercooler is a same side jobbie. There are no pipes over the top of the engine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

intercooler piping Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping   intercooler piping I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

intercooler piping
Page 1 of 1