Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Family Hack (Soon to be)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Super_Shaun
Nomad
Nomad

The Family Hack (Soon to be) Empty
PostSubject: The Family Hack (Soon to be)   The Family Hack (Soon to be) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2009, 04:55

After considering all the options on Chantelles(Fiance) new car we went for a bit of a wild card that we hadn't thought about.

We decided the Discovery would be to big and expesvie to run daily for what we wanted, The Focus C max Chantelle didnt really like the interior.
Vauxhal Zafira wasnt to her taste either.

We went to car giant last Thursday to have a look at the whole range of cars we could get. Which is where we found this car.
We didnt buy from Car Giant as there a bunch of piss taking wankers we went to the local SEAT dealership in St'Albans and found this one.

SEAT Altea Hatchback 2.0 TDi Sport 5d

The Family Hack (Soon to be) DSC00662

The Family Hack (Soon to be) DSC00663

The Family Hack (Soon to be) DSC00664

Engine Size 1968 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 9.6 s
Power Output 138 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 320 Nm 236 lb-ft
Top Speed 125 mph

Full Seat service history, 1yr or 10,00 miles Seat warranty as an approved used car, it had only come in the same day so need a bit of paint in places and a good valet. The chasis is the same as a Golf+ but this is a slightly bigger body.

Compared to her Fiesta Ghia (54) its massive and it drives soooo much nicer as well. Diesel economy and a fair bit of performance, with a remap it should push anything upto 170bhp Smile.

We collect it next Thurs/Fri. cheers
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: The Family Hack (Soon to be)   The Family Hack (Soon to be) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2009, 13:34

good buy mate ...............glad u picked it over the ford/vauxhalls

and i think a cheeky remap is DEFFINATLY on the cards! .........cant let the kids be late 4 school can you !!?

Although the 140 is pretty quick anyway
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The Family Hack (Soon to be)   The Family Hack (Soon to be) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2009, 13:39

wahoo another seat in the firm Smile looks cool mate Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Family Hack (Soon to be)   The Family Hack (Soon to be) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2009, 15:03

remap remap remap haha Razz
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: The Family Hack (Soon to be)   The Family Hack (Soon to be) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26 2009, 04:23

I really like the new SEAT cars think there funky! good choice of family chariot!
Back to top Go down
Super_Shaun
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: The Family Hack (Soon to be)   The Family Hack (Soon to be) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28 2009, 14:51

All bought and paid for today @ 5pm.

We took it upto Tring to show her mum and I wanted to see what it was like on a run she drove there I drove back.

Well what can I say, the diffrence between her Fiesta and the Altea is amazing.

Its got all the toys I could want on a 54 plate car, the only thing shes going to need are reverse parking sensors typical woman lol.
There body shop have done a cracking job on the body work, the gave it a level 2 service so 10k miles of trouble free motoring hopefuly.

Pics to follow after Ive given it a good wash, clay and polish.
I realise that this isnt that exciting but Im well happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Family Hack (Soon to be)   The Family Hack (Soon to be) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Family Hack (Soon to be)
Page 1 of 1