Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark@99

VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89) Empty
PostSubject: VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)   VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 09:40

Hi all

Been recommend to join from a friend of mine, (used to be GSFJohn now Bennetts John) Very Happy

Very good site and some great information on all boards.

I have a few questions if some of you guys could help me with. 1 one is my own request other 1 for a friend.

MK 2 Golf Request
I have been trying to do a engine conversion, A 91 Mk2 1.8v DIGIFANT (i know) to a 9a (94 corrado) 2ltr 16v.
Swapped cams to KR ones, Using 8v Gearbox,
Have done all injectors and lines, airflow, cold start, dizzy, etc
Basically everything is done except i'm having problems with the electrics and a couple of vacum hoses.
(I have a corrado full loom and everything, 3 x pre 88 ECUs and looms and 1 x 90 ECU and a loom (90%) complete.
3 x air flow meters (1 from corrado and 2 from a 16v mk2 golf) Corrado Gearbox.) Plus all the old electrical and wires from my DIGIFANT plus the ECU and a (5 -7 BHP Chip)
Can any one help me. So far its been off the road for 2 years. Children, money and lack of skills (Im a very rookie mechanic scratch , Friends have been helping but cant help anymore ) I will pay for somebody to help me ( i will watch and make tea and pass tools)

VW Mk1 Caddy
Whats the best shocks to fit to the rear of the car (once the axle has been flipped) also
Whats the best Shocks / Springs for the front. (Unfortunetaly on a budget)

Many Thanks for looking ay my post.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks
cheers
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)   VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 10:12

Welcome Mark...

1/ Answer question with a question...
are you still running Digi-pants on the 9a?
or do you have the complete K-E-Jet set up from the Rado...

2/ Rears after axel flip... Aircooled Bug, from memory... same bush sizes and short enough. Also get Gas ones to help rear control a bit more...
Fronts: Almost any Coilover system... think there's a guy on Caddy forums who sells just front kits... However as with anything... what you pays is in relation to what you get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Mark@99

PostSubject: Re: VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)   VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 10:45

Hi VWdevaiant

Thanks for your reply to the previous questions

As far as im aware i have the full setup from the corrado.

Now more questions..

Would i be able to butcher the loom with the 16v one.

I have asked a autoelectrician to take alook at my car, but unfortunetly he is a busy man and can't do it till April.

Thanks for the Caddy info, i will pass it on to my firend, who i'm sure will have a few more questions.
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)   VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 13:39

caddy is axel flip and lowering blocks - check the caddy forum for more info

most people just run mk1 golf coilovers on the front - there are plenty to choose from
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)   VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2009, 05:06

from what i can make out, you have a digi-pants (DIGITAL injection) car your fitting a kEjet (mechanical injection)engine too.

its not going toi be straight forward

you need to know if
1)you can plug a 9a corrado engine loom straight into a digi fuse box IF they are compatable
2)OR ? get an aftermarket fuel rail and use digi engine loom, you will probably need some kind of piggyback ecu as well

you really needed the ABF lump from mk3 goes straight in and is digi already

the 9A goes straught into a mk2 16v coz its k-jet

i dont know if you can just slap on digi injection to a mechanical injection car withoiut changing everythinbg (fusebox,lift/fuel pump etc)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)   VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VW Golf MK 2 & VW Caddy (89)
Page 1 of 1