Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics Empty
PostSubject: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2009, 16:20

I'm currently very bored so thought I'd start a thread briefly showing my cars history...

Its a 1997 1.8 16v GTi and started life in the hands of my uncles boss,then went to my uncle,then my cousin's husband bought it, and almost 2 years ago I bought it from my cousin's husband for a pretty good price!

Couple of pics when I got it,was bog standard apart from stainless straight through exhaust and RAM air panel filter.

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics 3
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics 2
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0469

the front covered in stone chips! Mad

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics 1

then came some cupra wheels I sprayed anthracite and added purple rim.Along with pressed plates,smoked side repeaters and bee sting aerial

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0605

Looks like a tractor still!

Full front end respray to get rid of the stone chips,and colour coded door handles,splitters and skirts.

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0652

Then came the best change of all,the drop!supposed to be 60/40 but its def gone down more than that

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0690num
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0703
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0693

Last edited by fresh_creps on Fri Apr 24 2009, 11:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2009, 16:38

Couple of arty shots taken at the grove, this was (in my eyes) when my car was at its mintest,no scratches,scuffs or stone chips

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics Edited
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics Edited2
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0818
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0796

Then the wheels started looking tatty and stonechipped Sad so thought I'd refurb them in audi silver...with red rim...what a mistake...

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0199
my skirt also decided to fly off after going through a puddle too quickly
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0196

So got it all fixed and took the shocking red rim off

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0601
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_0594

So thats about where I am atm,gotta few more pics on my camera I need to upload.Sorry the pics ain't the most interesting and theres about a million of them (aplogies 56k'ers Razz) and I ain't shown everything I've done,but gives ya an idea anyways!Cheers for looking Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2009, 16:41

good thread!

sti want to see this...i kinda liked the 16valves sticker Very Happy ha!

i do love this colour very much!!!

the spraying makes such a difference!
Back to top Go down
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2009, 16:45

cheers mate, lol I know,i was in 2 minds about it aswell before I took it off but decided to go for the "clean/fresh" look haha.

Ye colour-coding definitly made it in my eyes,the black plastic looks horrible on the purple.
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2009, 23:59

looking forward to seeing this if you come sunday mate Smile

looks wicked!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2009, 02:09

as i have said before the paintwork/colour is superb!
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2009, 15:19

Car looks f**kin amazin fella great colour too... liked the wheels anthracite colour best! Wink
Back to top Go down
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 11:46

As it was a nice day today,and I just got some new rubber on my ronals thought I'd re-paint my calipers silver today...

My cars never sat so high!!

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_1492
During...
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_1495
Shame it ain't always this loooow
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_1496

and finito,shame they ain't a lil bigger really,but its what ya do with them anyways that matters Wink lol.

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_1494
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_1497
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_1498
My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics IMG_1499
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 11:52

car looks spot on matey!!!

really have a soft spot for this baby Smile
Back to top Go down
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 11:55

cheers dude,still lacks some serious power though lol.Your car's coming along well mate!
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 11:56

thanks mate, im hoping in 3 months time my car will be half decent Very Happy or at least ill be able to enjoy it again!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 12:11

Looking good dude, hard with them wheels.
Back to top Go down
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 12:22

cheers bazza...why whats up with your car atm sparkie?I just had to spend a good few hundred fixing bits here and there,still a long way to go though so I feel ya pain lol
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 12:50

ive been having grief starting form the journey home from spring fest with boost hoses! big big thanks to james and tom for their efforts, since then managed to get new pipes but got fed up and ordered a new fmic kit (should be here next week) then n75 valve went poo poo! big thanks to geoff for his efforts and sorting it out, now i have a boost leak somewhere!

and breathe, anyway dont ruin your thread with my cars troubles mate, be good to see you at a meet soon! or we should have mini meet up or something!
Back to top Go down
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 13:02

Ahh screwing mate,always snowballs from 1 problem don't it.Ahh well hope you sort it all soon!!

Yeh def,I'm up for either really lol,just bit ashamed of it atm due to the amount of things I ain't happy with on my car,but sod it eh
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 13:14

your cars sweet mate, youve caught dubsys disease! Very Happy (only joking dububsy)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25 2009, 03:29

very nice! still love this car mate!

the colour is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics   My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My mk2 Beezer (The Hurtling Aubergine) 56k...cure cancer *new rims=new pics
Page 1 of 1