Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

aany junglists/dj's out there?

Go down 
+2
Dave_H
theeteam
6 posters
AuthorMessage
theeteam
theeteam

aany junglists/dj's out there? Empty
PostSubject: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2009, 01:33

i know dnb has got a little repetative lately, but i don't think you can beat thoses rolling basslines and addictive beats!
Back to top Go down
Dave_H
Nomad
Nomad
Dave_H

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2009, 16:08

do like old jungle ltj bukem ,hype,dj rap , dnb is judged by its reputation more nowadays than the tunes i think.more into old skool hardcore
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2009, 23:18

Oh I think I could beat those rolling bass lines, it would have to be with something heavy and hard though like an exhaust manifold. It is all to crazy for me. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2009, 09:39

i like some DnB, but mainly into my Hiphop, and i dont mean 50 cent or any of that Shiii* . more into stuff like tribe called quest, madlib, dilla etc.

I wouldnt class myself as a dj....more of a turntablist.

do you Dj then....
Back to top Go down
theeteam
theeteam

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 14:03

yeah, when i'm not fixing the car! i used to like a lot of hip hop, but got really disillusioned with it a while back, all this new breed of rappers are s*@! just following a formula deigned to make money.. i will check out a tribe called quest as i've seen alot of you guys mentioning them, was recommended jurassic 5 by a mate a while back, is it any thing like that? (ie no guns, ho's or 50 inch rims) Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 14:53

theeteam wrote:
yeah, when i'm not fixing the car! i used to like a lot of hip hop, but got really disillusioned with it a while back, all this new breed of rappers are s*@! just following a formula deigned to make money.. i will check out a tribe called quest as i've seen alot of you guys mentioning them, was recommended jurassic 5 by a mate a while back, is it any thing like that? (ie no guns, ho's or 50 inch rims) Razz

ah cool, thats fresh! yer man, J5s old album with the blue background and yellow J5 sign on the front is one of the best i personally think they've done, also love what DJ nu-mark and cut chemist were cutting up on that album too.

more stuff along those lines, keep an ear out for (as i always say) a tribe called quest like the midnight marauders album, but all of there albums are good, and check there album that dilla produced!

also Check out A N Y T H I N G J-dilla aka Dilla aka Dilla Dawg aka Pay Jay. from champion sounds he did with madlib (another to look out for!) and his last album he did before he died called "Donuts" and all his stuff he did with Slum village!

check out Madlib, his stuff from all his beat konducta albums to back when he was sorting beats and MCing in Lootpack! also the album he produced with MF doom called MADVILLAIN. MF doom is a MC to check, smooth lyrics and hes like 40 years old and you never see him without a mask!

on the uk front check out a white MC called "Jehst", one of the heaviest MC to walk the planet.

hope that keeps you digging in the crates for a while!

Dubsy
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2009, 06:21

wa da da dem wa da da demdem dem!!!!

i was there at the start
fabio/grooverider
peshey
goldie
adam-f
i really loved the reggae/dancehall inspired ones (surprise surprise)
but i have no idea who made them (all mine are whit labels!)

if you smoke cane you a stupid motherf**ker,
all round the hood and the school yard locker
doin that crack with all the money you got
on your hands and kness serchin for a piece a rock
BA BA BA BA BOOOOO
BA BA BA BA BOOOOO
Back to top Go down
MJVR6
NW DUBS Director
MJVR6

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 11:24

Dubsy wrote:
i like some DnB, but mainly into my Hiphop, and i dont mean 50 cent or any of that Shiii* . more into stuff like tribe called quest, madlib, dilla etc.

do you Dj then....

WHOA!!! Someone seriously knows there artists.. Man, If I was to say Tribe Called Quest, sum peeps nowadays dnt know sh*t like that..All they know is Pipty sense, and like MnM chocolate Bar!! So not 'REAL HIPHOP'..
Need to listen to stuff like Big Daddy Kane, Guru, Gangstarr, EPMD, Eric B&Rakim... The Real Deal!!

As for Jungle, The ol'skool is the best as well..!!!-Peace Love & Unity, P-Funk, Fire... tracks like that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nwdubs.com

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 12:14

MJVR6 wrote:
Dubsy wrote:

do you Dj then....

WHOA!!! Someone seriously knows there artists.. Man, If I was to say Tribe Called Quest, sum peeps nowadays dnt know sh*t like that..All they know is Pipty sense, and like MnM chocolate Bar!! So not 'REAL HIPHOP'..
Need to listen to stuff like Big Daddy Kane, Guru, Gangstarr, EPMD, Eric B&Rakim... The Real Deal!!

As for Jungle, The ol'skool is the best as well..!!!-Peace Love & Unity, P-Funk, Fire... tracks like that...

Haha finally, I had a feeling mr MJ was a fan of some proper hiphop, I love guru and dj premier aka Gangstarr, there special double album that decade one, full clip is just plaiiiiin crazy! Also check out charizma, the album he did with peanut butter wolf ( stone throws, dopist record label) just a naughty album, always busting it in the mk2, just goes right in there. But really into my man J-dilla aka Jay dee, all instrumentals he's ever produced is just moving! But yer, love tribe called, and also the roots, slum village (stuff produced by dilla!)

Also on the uk front really into the scratch perverts!

Heard your a Dj, mista MJ!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 12:15

Ow yer! "EPMD 98 understand thaaaat" "new year new cheer"!!
Back to top Go down
MJVR6
NW DUBS Director
MJVR6

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 12:21

Dubsy wrote:
MJVR6 wrote:
Dubsy wrote:

do you Dj then....

Haha finally, I had a feeling mr MJ was a fan of some proper hiphop, I love guru and dj premier aka Gangstarr, there special double album that decade one, full clip is just plaiiiiin crazy! Also check out charizma, the album he did with peanut butter wolf ( stone throws, dopist record label) just a naughty album, always busting it in the mk2, just goes right in there. But really into my man J-dilla aka Jay dee, all instrumentals he's ever produced is just moving! But yer, love tribe called, and also the roots, slum village (stuff produced by dilla!)

DJ-LoL... www.myspace.com/djmj73
Uk Front- Roots Manouvre!!!!!
Man, there is so much out there!!!! Scratch Perverts, ye they're phaat!! You need to see them live to appreciate them!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nwdubs.com

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 12:46

MJVR6 wrote:
Dubsy wrote:
MJVR6 wrote:
Dubsy wrote:

do you Dj then....

DJ-LoL... www.myspace.com/djmj73
Uk Front- Roots Manouvre!!!!!
Man, there is so much out there!!!! Scratch Perverts, ye they're phaat!! You need to see them live to appreciate them!!!!

yer, i kinda gatehred you were a dj when i added you on facebook, name gave it away a bit. yer man, roots manuvas sick, im also a fan of Jehst, IM A BIG JEHST FAN, Braintax, Klashnekoff, foreign beggars (orifice vulgatron, metropolis, dj nonames, dag nabit) dr syntax, Kyza, tommy evans, yungun, dabbla (london zoo) so many others.

i grew up listening to the perverts, mainly was what was my inspiration when i first started scratching, thats one thing im finding hard, i can scratch but never really been able to mix, ive tried but i dunno lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 13:07

Charizma and peanut butter butter wolf - Methods

this is one of the tracks im feeling at the mo MJ.

and this Dilla Instrumental is one of my favourites of his....proper feeling it

Jay dee - u and ur smile
Back to top Go down
marty_abs
Nomad
Nomad
marty_abs

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 14:59

Who needs music when you have the sweet sound of engine and exhausts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 15:05

marty_abs wrote:
Who needs music when you have the sweet sound of engine and exhausts?

so you record the sound of your engine and exhaust and upload on your ipod and listen? Or play it in your room? im into my wagens but im not that sad lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
marty_abs
Nomad
Nomad
marty_abs

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 15:32

no i just leave my car running and my window open :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aany junglists/dj's out there?   aany junglists/dj's out there? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aany junglists/dj's out there?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: Other stuff...... :: Music-
Jump to: