Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

oil change on a toyota previa

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

oil change on a toyota previa Empty
PostSubject: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2008, 02:58

does anyone know how the hell to change the oil on a toyota previa, k reg? its my mums and its been asking for an oil change for ages lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2008, 09:25

very easy , think the oil filter is on the front of the engine , and if u've got a set of sockets u'll have no probs getting the sump plug off
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2008, 11:14

Thanks mate! Can a noob like me do it ya think? Have you done it before? Anything to watch out for? Apart from a face of oil lol
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2008, 12:33

put it up on axel stands as u dont want anything slipping off.

Just be aware that most oil filters are a 'bumhole' to get off so u may need to invest in some oil filter pliers. Once the old oil filter is off - make sure that the seal has come with it, and when u put the new one on - dip ur finger in the new oil and smear it around the new seal as it aids doing it up AND when u go 2 do undo it next year . Put a new sump washer on when replacing the plug as they are 'crush' washers (can only be used once).

Also make sure the engine is hot so the oil isnt so 'Gloopy' (and i dont mean drive it for 2 hours so it burns ur skin - i mean go for a 15 mins blast to warm it up)
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2008, 13:17

Thanks mate, will a big motor like that be ok on axle stands? Also it's automatic if that affects anything? probably not lol! I suppose I can just go to toyota and get the bits?
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2008, 14:24

it'll be fine on stands, and 'no' auto dosnt matter

u can get the bits from toyota/allparts/bennets
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2008, 14:56

ok thanks alot mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oil change on a toyota previa   oil change on a toyota previa I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oil change on a toyota previa
Page 1 of 1