Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

anyone have an arch roller??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

anyone have an arch roller?? Empty
PostSubject: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2008, 09:29

sorry to be cheeky but wanted to have an ask around for some help with my arches as my new wheels arent going anywhere with my standard arches please help!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2008, 09:54

ask our man dub dred, his little red friend might be able to do this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2008, 10:17

done my rear 2 day, good ol rubber mallet! done the fronts ages ago aswell
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2008, 01:59

you need BIG RED
Back to top Go down
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2008, 04:22

or a mini basball bat..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2008, 04:48

dubdread wrote:
you need BIG RED

lol! you fooking Legend Dubdread! crack me up!
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2008, 06:18

hmm i have a rubber mallet,
dread could i pretty please borrow 'BIG RED' it would make me a very happy chappy, is it hard to use??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2008, 09:53

im sure heŽll let you mate, dubdread is a pro at this, he was explaining to me at the last meet how you do it, hes the man in the seat for this!
Back to top Go down
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2008, 14:30

lol is big red hard to use..... lower the car to the hight you want it, ram big red under the arch then roll away. Oh and make sure thers no plastic clips tucked up there they can cause dents Sad
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2008, 01:59

it all depends on how big the gap is betwwen tyre and arch as to what size pole will fit into and roll your arch

its not hard BUT if you have rust or any kind of inperfection or rivet holes in the metal of the arch it can (cough cough) cause problems

have you got plastic archs ? are you keeping them? if the answers yes it be fine,

but you will have to glue your arches back on

see you tonight and i will give you the info
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2008, 11:25

thank you so much dread for the offer! ive used the rubber mallet for now but its really bad so im running it higher than i want at the mo, i was suprised to find no rust or nasties under the plastic trim at all. it does have rivet holes though?? im thinking to keep the plastic off now as its still on the front and the backs look so much better without.

is the meet tonight? im working all night which takes the wee wee,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone have an arch roller??   anyone have an arch roller?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone have an arch roller??
Page 1 of 1