Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some pics of my Vdubs...

Go down 
+2
PINKY
Gold-mk1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

Some pics of my Vdubs... Empty
PostSubject: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2008, 12:32

Some pics of my Vdubs... IMAG0113

My mk1 driver ( in very clean mode ), with my old GL behind it. Smile

Some pics of my Vdubs... Jono

Not mine, getting my mates mk1 back on the road after a 6 year rest.

Some pics of my Vdubs... DSCF1762

Just before leaving for bug jam last year ! All loaded, and CB'd up and ready to roll !

Some pics of my Vdubs... DSCF1715

My mk1....before some imbecile crashed into it.

Some pics of my Vdubs... PreMOT2-1

Van..

Some pics of my Vdubs... Mk2

Mk2 as it currently stands !

Some pics of my Vdubs... Garage

Me beavering away in the garage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-rides.com
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2008, 13:12

Wow..what a wicked collection of cars you have had.
Loving the top one..looks soooo nice, even if it is filthy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2008, 13:42

PINKY wrote:
Wow..what a wicked collection of cars you have had.
Loving the top one..looks soooo nice, even if it is filthy. Very Happy

Thank you, will hunt down some more pics later.

mk1 currently in a sorry state, hasn't moved since October, sorting out insurance claim.

In the meantime - if anyone has an OG passenger side wing, a bonnet and front valance for an '83 mk1....please PM me Smile.
Back to top Go down
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2008, 14:25

Mk1 GL..

Some pics of my Vdubs... DSCF1243

Dubmodder recreation of something like my mk1 when it returns...

Some pics of my Vdubs... Mk1-beige
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2008, 15:09

hmmm a mk1 whore lol sweet collection dude
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2008, 15:44

Got a bonnet round here..it has a few small dents in though. Lhars greens.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 00:08

Few more....my mates " new " mk1.... from this - totally standard rust free unwelded mk1 1.1 C.....

Some pics of my Vdubs... IMAG0224

To this....coilovers, MMS cross spokes, coilies and a mk2 polo GT 1.3 engine ( HK code )
Kind of a mechanical clone of my gold one if you like ! Very Happy

Some pics of my Vdubs... DSCF1898-1
Back to top Go down
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 00:11

and finally for now....another mk1 driver belonging to another very good friend of mine. Pretty standard except for the gti 9 spokes and some dials in the centre console ( proper mk1 ones - not audi coupe ones !! Smile )

Please excuse my awful photoshop, couldn't find the original.

Some pics of my Vdubs... Japs

and.....my old faithful bug, mine since '94...finally left the flock two weeks ago.

Puma front beam, berg shifter, 1600 t/p with weber 36'IDF, four into one exhaust with tuck away muffler, autometer rev counter and oil temp, wide steelies on the back etc etc...Its nice when you know EVERY nut and bolt has been undone and put back in by your good self isn't it. Very Happy Take care in your next life old friend ! Wink

Some pics of my Vdubs... Buglump2

Some pics of my Vdubs... Bugzzzz

Some pics of my Vdubs... 029_29

Some pics of my Vdubs... 031_31
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 02:48

Great pictures, lovely collection there.
I am not sure I could let my bug go, too many warm feelings though she does less that 500 miles a year.
Back to top Go down
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 13:12

That was the problem with my bug - it was never going to become the car
I wanted it to be !
I stopped pricing up my new engine parts when I got to 6K !

Cheaper fun is the order of the day !
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 14:49

Cheaper fun was the plan for the MK2 but I could not leave it as it was and spent a bit on getting that into shape.
When that went I thought I am not working on cars for a while so bought the MK4, guess what I have spent the last two hours doing? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2008, 16:21

Calimori wrote:
Cheaper fun was the plan for the MK2 but I could not leave it as it was and spent a bit on getting that into shape.
When that went I thought I am not working on cars for a while so bought the MK4, guess what I have spent the last two hours doing? Laughing

Yeah, I saw it slowly evolving, I'm surprised you never saw me go snaking past in the mk1, I'm round my partners folks place ( Robin Place ) often enough ! Smile
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 07:03

Man I want your VAN!!!! I love the panel vans, that have NOT been converted into campers!
Back to top Go down
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 14:18

Glad you like it. This one is NOT going to have holes cut in the sides ( except for welding repairs... ) ever...

ahem....

Some pics of my Vdubs... Lessrustyvan-1
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 15:23

Nice bro! back home my dad had the minibus version with a 3.0 V6 transplant in it. It had three down draft webers on it. man I miss that van. 0-60 in just over 7 seconds hehehe. Nice to hear youre keeping it real!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 15:34

Thrasher wrote:
Yeah, I saw it slowly evolving, I'm surprised you never saw me go snaking past in the mk1, I'm round my partners folks place ( Robin Place ) often enough ! Smile
I have seen a few go by and always wondered if they were the same one and my memory was going, now I guess it was. Laughing Stop next time for a chat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gold-mk1
Nomad
Nomad
Gold-mk1

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2008, 00:12

looner wrote:
Nice bro! back home my dad had the minibus version with a 3.0 V6 transplant in it. It had three down draft webers on it. man I miss that van. 0-60 in just over 7 seconds hehehe. Nice to hear youre keeping it real!

Nice - been getting silly ideas about cosworth v6's or subaru lumps, although the original DG code 1.9 seems healthy enough at the moment ( even if it was £150 ).

Some pics of my Vdubs... Lump2
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2008, 02:52

Thrasher wrote:
looner wrote:

Nice - been getting silly ideas about cosworth v6's or subaru lumps, although the original DG code 1.9 seems healthy enough at the moment ( even if it was £150 ).

Some pics of my Vdubs... Lump2

There are pleanty of tuning options for the boxer 4 motors. Weber have a huge range of bolt on twin carb setups for them. You can also get decent cams and ignition parts for them. So I am sure if you don't want to go to wild you can rework one of those units. You could also bolt in the later model 2.1 fuel injected flat four that came in the caravelle versions. The V6 unit we had was the ford 3.0 essex motor. Which originaly came in the cortina and grenada if I am not mistaken. That fit in there quite nice, only problem was razing the floor of the engine bay to compensate for the added hight of the V6. Having a tripple down draft stack setup didn't help much either Laughing We did have a problem with it breaking std gearbox. It stripped 2nd gear constantly until we had new straight cut setup made for first and second. The joys of tuning Smile Anyway keep us posted with your plans! I am definatly kean to see how it turns out!

P
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2008, 08:50

i love the T25 vans i want the crew cab pick up one , supuuuurrrrrbbb

nice to see a van , need more vans (vw only!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my Vdubs...   Some pics of my Vdubs... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some pics of my Vdubs...
Page 1 of 1