Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on

Go down 
+11
dapperdan
CADDYANDY
L0WRiDE
vr6brew
Calimori
Bazza
Fitzy
Liam_R
adzG60
vwdeviant
yeti
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yeti

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on Empty
PostSubject: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 04:06

Hiya boys and girls, after being a nomad for a while now i thought it was about time i started spending more time on the site and i made a garage thread, so this is it...

The Corrado VR is unwell at the moment but after buying this standard in nov 2006 it now looks like this...

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00312

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00315

Its got Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Kw uprated front and rear arb's, powerfles rear bushes, TT 312 front brakes, eurospec 280mm rear brakes with braded hoses and new copper lines, Carbon firbre and leather bucket seats, midget steering wheel and a few stereo upgrades. O and BMC filter, polished manifold, full stainless magnex exhaust.... and a differeent set of wheels for next year! Cool

The theres my sensible daily... bought at the end of april 2008 bogo standard, now it looks a little more respectable for a tdi estate! done on a budget with some bargain finds and a friends dead passat donated a few parts... better than rotting in the heap!

from this...

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00628

.. to this

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on Passat2

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on Passat3

Its got ap Coilovers that need dropping more, 8.5x18" new audi a8 rims powdercoated black, debadged front grille and debadged tailgate with a japanese market front bumbper insert to remove the nasty front plate... i was gonna spray the roof black to match the mirrors but now i cant be arsed!! lol
any comments and opinions welcome as always!

Last edited by yeti on Thu Sep 17 2009, 15:19; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 04:10

And the Mk3 in the background too (for sale soon BTW!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 04:30

o right yeah... 96 2.0 8v Mk3 Anniversary GTI, Magic BLack Metallic, this is my 2nd ever car, bought it almost 5 years ago and it was my pride and joy for years but 2 years ago i had it slammed on a set of 16" bbs splits and i smashed the gearbox on a bump in the road :-( so it sat unloved on the driveway as i tried to find the time and money to fix it! its now fully refreshed with new arch and sill plastics, a new box out of a 68k gti and new cv joints, ball joints wishbones and mk5 git alloys... will be looking to sell soon so if anyones in the market for a nice subtle mk3 give me a shout!

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00629
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 05:00

ur passat looks sweet man, bit of a trick daily!
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 05:06

cheers dude, perfect camping car for the weekend as well :-) did you get the olop all sorted saturday? the wheels made it look awesome!
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 05:07

all the cars look sick, love the mk5 wheels on the golf, passat with the black tt comps looks good too....

you have got a bloody good garage haha
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 05:08

nah man she gna stay at home:( lack of funds and new job equals carless for E38, but all smiles man the weekend gna be sick
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 08:08

nice dubs dude! passats looking good mate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 09:24

haha i love your driveway!!! ledge!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 09:31

LOVE the passat !!!!.......best one i've seen for ages!!!, good work
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2008, 17:26

Phat rides dude, loving the look of the passat, hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29 2008, 00:42

Obviously the Rado is the one I would steal from you but the Passat is a good looking motor, amazing what you can do to them. Great work.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 14:22

Wow dude... thats a nice trio of dubs there.... love the passat, awesome rado, and the mk3 works well on mk5 gti rims... should sell that easy mate!
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 14:25

the passat is super cool! looked cool with a blow up camper ful of water on the roof!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 06:04

L0WRiDE wrote:
the passat is super cool! looked cool with a blow up camper ful of water on the roof!

yeah boi!! that was a good look... but i think i've fucked something as i havent got as much go as i should have and its ave mpg's down by 7... think i may have flattened the exhaust at some point! lol....

in true stupid me style, i got home from ed38, went straight to my mates garage and slung it up on a lift and tried to lower it... turns out its already scrubbing on the inside of the rear wheelarch so i've ordered spacers and it should be down another 25-30mm by players! Cool

o and mark took some awesome shots at ed, 2 of which were my wagon!

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on 2821614199_f9779e94bf

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on 2822447986_132e6e255e
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 06:11

yeti wrote:
think i may have flattened the exhaust at some point! lol....

Good excuse for Custom S/S one then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2009, 04:11

UPDATES!!!!!

Slacker!
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2009, 04:44

love the rides u have on ur drive way mate
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2009, 16:22

am loving the look of the passat Shocked
i need black wheels
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19 2009, 06:10

*tell* wrote:
i need black wheels

and 20mm offsets all round

with a good slam!!!!!
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 07:10

dubdread wrote:
*tell* wrote:
i need black wheels

and 20mm offsets all round

with a good slam!!!!!

yep 20mm each side at the part gives it the proper stance i was looking for!

Ok updates... hmm i've been a bit preoccupied but atm...

Passat is looking the same on the outside but now sporting a full sport cloth interior nw headunit, facal components, 2xalpine 12's and some ampage

Golf is now back and running again, making it super shiney for gti fest with the view to try and sell it... kind of sad though as it looks the boll*cks now and it's not gonna be on the drive anymore! - o well the money wil do into the corrado project!

Corrado - dont think i've written on her but its in my lock up now as its in the middle of being fitted with a mk4 r32 engine and the full 4wd haldex system, carbon seats big breakes etc... so when you next see it it'll look pretty different!
So atm it's engine's out, and the interiors out, thats about it, like i said been preoccupied but the pile of parts are geting biggger now... just aquired a new 6 point motorsport approved weld in roll cage... thought i may as well go the whole hog with everything planned for her!
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 07:23

Can I have first refusal on the 'rado? Very Happy

Just needs a blower...

Sounds amazing, really really looking forward to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2009, 10:27

hay bra nice to see you still doin da ting????

that rado's gonna be fookin ard!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: A few pics to show i havent been sitting on my arse!   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2009, 05:59

As the title really after a lazy winter then pre occupied fixing the golf and passat i have now got the corrado to a very sorry looking state!

i need to drop the headling down at some point this week to remove the sunroof and harness then i can drag the thing out of the car in one go...

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00939

a vr used to live here

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00933

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00937

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on DSC00938

lightweight interior!

so all systems go now... trying to decide whether to waste time fitting the r32 harness now to get the engine running or fit the cage... hmm, i know the car was a runner when i stripped it so do i take the risk and seam weld her up and fit the cage?
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 15:47

Hey dude, noce progress there. Why not test fit the R32 harness to see how ans where it will run. THat way you can see if it is going to get in the way of any welding. Personaly I would not want to damage that harness. The last thing you need is a problem with the can bus comunication because of faulty wireing. Anyway dude I cant wait to see the finished article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next