Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stoner park 1st june

Go down 
+8
GTi-Jay
vr6brew
D.A.M IT!
vwdeviant
dapperdan
Fitzy
Calimori
smiffy-g60
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2008, 15:26

Hopefully we should be going!... will bring banner!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2008, 10:22

The old Beetle group will meet you there though you might see us on the road, if you do give us a wave. Laughing
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2008, 12:56

Calimori wrote:
The old Beetle group will meet you there though you might see us on the road, if you do give us a wave. Laughing

Or some tools! Laughing sorry I didn't mean it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 02:34

Ha, we are usually the ones lending our tools to others. I might even help you if you need it. Smile
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 02:59

Calimori wrote:
Ha, we are usually the ones lending our tools to others. I might even help you if you need it. Smile

That's why I still have a tool kit in the boot, just can't get out of the old Air-cooled ways..

Mind you, I funded my petrol down to RTTS in the split by loading up with service parts and the usual bits (coils/dizzys) and selling them as we went!
This was before they inserted the unleaded nozzle up your anus every time you filled up mind you!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 05:14

Haha. Good idea though.

I thought about loading my car with some of my spare mk2 bits but realised I just want a relaxing day.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 05:30

Sounds good chaps, hope the weather is up to it. Ill be there even though my exhuast is banging like a whore!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 07:13

We currently have sun booked...
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 07:17

I think we won't get a club plot inside the show as they are big on registered VW Clubs which we are not (yet). So I think we will have to make do with the car park, I will make contact when we arrive to find out where you guys are and hope we can join you.
Back to top Go down
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 07:34

Calimori, are you referring to nomads ? i think in the gti inters thread somone said we are now registerd ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 08:22

im in!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 09:10

smiffy-g60 wrote:
Calimori, are you referring to nomads ? i think in the gti inters thread somone said we are now registerd ?
I think Fitzy just registered us for that event and not joined our club to "The Association of British VW Clubs".
They are known as ABVWC and Herts VW club is the only registered group in Herts. I am a member of them too but I roll with the Nomads. Cool
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2008, 13:15

Looks like i'll be rollin in the weasle, cam belt not sorted in the rocco yet, not had the time to sort it Sad
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2008, 02:22

Calimori wrote:
Herts VW club is the only registered group in Herts. I am a member of them too but I roll with the Nomads. Cool

maybe we should organise a trip over to see them sometime?

They still meet on that Green near the Herts County Showground?

Guys, may not make the 8am start Sunday (some-one's not happy at leaving at 7.30! Very Happy ) which way you going, I may just play "ton-up" catch up instead?

M25/M40? Or over the hills?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2008, 03:01

They meet at the Cricketers Pub near Redborn Common which is near the show ground.
I go once a year and say hello to people at the shows but I plan to go to the June meet as I should be at home. They appear to be rooted in Aircooled but most carry it over to water cooled now. They have a new forum that is similar to this one in usability and quite active.
Back to top Go down
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2008, 03:03

lol, my other half wasnt to happy about the early start either. So i explaind we get up early or do abit of enthustiastic driving, needless to say shes now gettin up early.

im also not going to be able to play a part in any funny bussiness on the way

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2008, 03:51

See i can't threaten that as she knows I drive "enthusiastically"(sp) all the time! Laughing

Ask the Bird in the CLK on the A12 last Saturday who wouldn't let me past pirat
Back to top Go down
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2008, 14:26

Weathers not looking the best for washing the motors. looks like ill be using the rain as a jetwash 2moro then polish and wax under a bridge lol
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2008, 11:40

Well today I waxoyld my front inner fenders. Hopefuly now i have a bit more protection hehehe. Now i need to get the dam exhuast to stop knocking around its driving me mad!
Back to top Go down
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2008, 14:03

i spent the morning down a&e, (Metal fileings in the eye) all for abit of poke out back lol. got home around 12, pollished and waxed the car with help of the other half. i let her loose on me new wheels Shocked
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2008, 14:38

Same here........ washed and polished the car! then spent most of the afternoon cleanin the bbs,s with a toothbrush!.... like you steve i wont be going mad as we will have our 3yr old with us. silent
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2008, 15:07

Sorry guys I am going to have to back out of this one. I am sitting with a gea box in pieces. The damn thing is leaking oil, however i cant see where from. I am going to put it back together tomorrow so its ok for thursday, howeverI think I am going to have to have it refurbed. Anybody know some one good?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2008, 15:14

Apsley tranmissions, behind Apsley motors near G&S, down the road from Halfords. They know their cogs.

Didn't have time to clean the Beetle but will sort it out in the morning and hopefully look good. Might even see you guys at Halfords are we are meeting there before debating our route....
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2008, 19:11

well i've spent most of the day helping spooner fix his Vectra.

He kindly fitted my twin choke weber and filter 2day!!! watch out anyone with an 8v gti.............i'm coming for you!!!

also some minor cleaning and back to black done along with spooner spraying between front and rear windows matt black, so lookin good for the trip
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01 2008, 10:14

thankx for a good day..............both very tired now and smell of burgers

"PONY HEAD" doin a very good job gettin us there and back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoner park 1st june   Stoner park 1st june - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stoner park 1st june
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next