Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EV
Nomad
Nomad
EV

Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!  Empty
PostSubject: Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!    Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 13:28

Basically as some of you may already know, I'm lowering my car this weekend, so inevitably will need tracking/steering geometry sorting out. At same time I'd like to get it MOT'ed at same place (MOT runs out following weekend), does anyone know of a good reliable and modified car friendly garage with reasonable prices, unlike some garages £58 + VAT for an MOT test!!!!

Maybe some of you have mates in the trade. Would prefer if it was in Watford, Hemel, Berko area.

Cheers chaps

Your help as alway greatly appreciated.

EV
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!    Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 07:29

i would recommend bourne end mot center near mc'd's/ travel lodge

on a41 bypass behind west herts customs.

£40 and taken my lowered cars there no problem.

you will need to let the suspension bed in before track /camber ajustment a good 200 miles

you can go apsley tyres do trackin for £25

or

discount tyres for the dogs dangalies track and camber £75

one more thing make sure you check/replace worn bushes especially front wishbones

nobodys gonna wanna track up a dodgy bush (if you know what i mean)
Back to top Go down
EV
Nomad
Nomad
EV

PostSubject: Re: Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!    Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 16:19

Thank you for getting back to me.

I've booked in my car for Wednesday next week at "black boots" in Chesham to get my tracking sorted. By then car would've done aproxemstely 140 miles on a new suspension set up. Hopefully it'll be enough before I ruin my tires.

As for MOT, would it be at that industrial estate of the road leading towards northbound A41. (Got their number perhaps) in regard to bushes, these have been replaced two years ago or 22000 miles. I'm not sure how long would they last under normal driving conditions. I was gonna replace them anyway using powerflex kit but mate of mine suggested I wait and see what car would feel like with coilovers and arb with powerflex bushes. Do you know anyone in Herts that would stock poly bushes, in case I need to replace them?

Cheers

EV.

PS. I would like a couple of nomads window stickers. Been told to speak to you about it.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!    Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 10:03

I don't have the number it will be listed

Polybushes do make a harder ride
Back to top Go down
Andy Pipkin
Andy Pipkin

PostSubject: Re: Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!    Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 08:27

Polybushes make the car feel brand new, point and shoot feeling on mine Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!    Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would like to shoot two rabbits with one shot!
Page 1 of 1