Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I think the rado's just about run in now :D

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

I think the rado's just about run in now :D Empty
PostSubject: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 15:37

I think the rado's just about run in now :D 200k_VR6
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 02:41

nice one rado keeeeeep it up son
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 03:37

404,0 miles aint that many!!
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 04:48

Nicesh dougy!

Should be good for some foot down action now Smile how's the rebuild coming along?
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 03:16

love it - well don doug - a proper dubber!! Smile
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 06:35

slight update..... I've had some bubbling rust on the rear of the C behind the badge for a while and was meaning to sort it out. I thought it would just need sanding back, a bit of rust treatment and some new paint applied. Which I was going to do myself. But when i was cleaning it about a month or so ago i noticed the metal felt really weak around the badge and when i gave it a slight poke i ended up putting my finger right through Doh! So I decided to take the rear badge off to see what was going on and was greeted with this lovely site affraid I dont think this will buff out Very Happy
 I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010389

My MOT was due soon..... well overdue tbh so I decided to give it to Brad who's worked a few ppls cars in the club here. As I needed some welding done to the underneath around the sills. So I thought I'd get the rear panel the sill and another rusty scabs on the rear wheel arch sorted.

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010394

Brad sent me a pic of what he found when removed the paint from around the sill and front wheel arch. It looked really nasty i have to say. I'll post it up but i cant find the cable to upload it from my phone at the mo.

edit: here's the pic brad sent me
 I think the rado's just about run in now :D Nastyrust

After a week i got a call from Brad to say it was all done and This is what it looked like when i got it back cyclops

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010479

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010480

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010481

He's done a great job and even did some extra work that I hadnt asked him to do for free Shocked he cleaned up some chips around the filler cap, sorted the rust on the inner door sill and even sorted the bits of rust on the front wing as he said it was annoying him lol

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010482

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010483

He did all of this for £500 which was an absolote bargain and the quality is top notch. You have to really look hard see where he's worked on it. Thanks for all your hard work on this Brad you're a star!!!  I think the rado's just about run in now :D 161462

Decided to give the rear end a slight facelift now that the rust has been all sorted. So i ordered some new shinyness for the rear. Found this on german ebay for only £12 Twisted Evil
 I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010488

thought the rear vw badge was looking a bit tired so i reprayed it black and this is how it stands now

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010493

I think the rado's just about run in now :D P1010497

Oh and i havent really mentioned it but the 3 litre VR6 engine form Marty ABS old C is in and has been running Shweet for the past few months. BIG Thanks to Steve and Adz for doiing all the work on getting it in for me cheers I'm going to do a full write up soon on all the work done on the C since I've owned it. So that if nothing else i have a record of whats been done and when.
 I think the rado's just about run in now :D 162

Thanks for looking Smile

Last edited by D.A.M IT! on Wed Jul 11 2012, 14:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 15:46

Looks bloody well nice,
I love the new badge...kinda Porsche style writing!
I recommend brad for paint work.....he done mine few years ago and loved his work!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 15:53

love a bit of progress!! - awesome for 200k!!

big love doug man
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 11:37

Sick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think the rado's just about run in now :D    I think the rado's just about run in now :D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think the rado's just about run in now :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: General :: Dub Chat-
Jump to: