Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

scammer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hoppinmad
Nomad
Nomad
hoppinmad

scammer Empty
PostSubject: scammer   scammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 05:34

just found out on vr6 oc forum that paul woodward is doing the rounds of the vw forums again. iam sure most will be aware of this scumbag from editon and other forums. complete dik that offers products/services and items for sale that dont exsist, quite often contacts people to offer goods or services. editon has a pinned thread about him in the classified disutes section. would be a good idea to read as has some of the many names he has used, vr6 oc has address and part bank details also, be careful.

Ty

i have started a thred on edition in the bar titled paul woodward, there is more info on him in the posts like latest user names ect and some link.

Last edited by hoppinmad on Tue Nov 29 2011, 07:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

scammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: scammer   scammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 06:28

Good call - I was just reading up about PayPal 'gifting' for goods bought online - I've done this loads of times & luckily all has been well, but anything 'gifted' gives the buyer no protection whatsoever, and no come back if goods don't turn up - where usually Paypal gives some basic protection at least. Apparently buying through Paypal, linked to a credit card account might be the safest way to go, as you can fall back to the credit card protection if Paypal let you down.

I'm waiting for about £100 worth of stuff to turn up at the moment, which was gifted, so feeling a bit twitchy at the moment!
Back to top Go down
hoppinmad
Nomad
Nomad
hoppinmad

scammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: scammer   scammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 06:57

iam waiting for just over £100 worth of bits which i paid for with a gift, what i tend to do is check the forum members post count and how long they have been a member and i think you can usualy tell if they are ok by their of previous posts,

Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

scammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: scammer   scammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 09:36

haha I doubt he'll be on here but nice one for the heads up Ty,

I usually stick to buying my stuff face to face which is a pain in the ass when it comes to fitting 4 19" wheels in a coupe.

I dont trust paypal, it makes me angry.
Back to top Go down
shills

scammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: scammer   scammer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 11:47

hoppinmad wrote:
iam waiting for just over £100 worth of bits which i paid for with a gift, what i tend to do is check the forum members post count and how long they have been a member and i think you can usualy tell if they are ok by their of previous posts,

I would be very careful with that , I nearly got scammed by two people on e38 and golfgti.co.Uk lucky I got my money back off paypal (two different scams) I won't put on an open forum how ,but both times was with people with high post counts etc, so to be honest pay with cash on collection,
Back to top Go down
hoppinmad
Nomad
Nomad
hoppinmad

scammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: scammer   scammer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 02:33

totaly get get what your saying, i got my items but one guy took well over two weeks to send one thing and i thought that will teach me for giving it the biggun about how well i can tell whos trustworthy, it is so easy to get ripped off by some dick hiding behaind his P.C.,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

scammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: scammer   scammer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scammer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: