Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler- Empty
PostSubject: VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler-   VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler- I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 06:30

Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing my VR's exhaust soon & the current system will be available for sale. It was custom fabricated by one of the co-owners of RS Fabrications in Banbury, & is a work of art. You would spend circa £1200 getting another system of the same quality built up by them. Linky below:

http://www.rsfabrications.com/2011/03/20/if-it-aint-rubbin-you-aint-dubbin-golf-vr6/

Note that I had the upswept exhaust lopped off & a replacement slash-cut tip welded on, at RS, about 3 weeks ago. I spent a few hours there & they are a professional outfit & friendly couple of guys too, plus they are dub nuts Smile Change of tip was a further £150.

Anyway, while the system is still on I'll get some pics asap & can take anyone who is seriously interested for a quick spin to get an idea of the noise - beware this system is pretty loud, but really sings past 4k revs - also, you will not have heard many VR's pop & bang in quite the same way as this system does Razz Just have to tickle the throttle on overrun for maximum burbling pleasure...

£400 to Nomads, no offers - if it doesn't sell I keep it and hang it in the living room Laughing Might go on Edition/ebay but it'll be for more.

Back to top Go down
jimwah
Nomad
Nomad
jimwah

VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler- Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler-   VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler- I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 06:31

Forgot to mention, this system is from the cat back - I've got a decat pipe which I want to keep.
Back to top Go down

VR6 Custom exhaust -feeler-
Page 1 of 1