Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

alloy wheel dipped

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shills

alloy wheel dipped Empty
PostSubject: alloy wheel dipped   alloy wheel dipped I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01 2010, 06:59

hi all, i am just sorting out my porsche split rims. ive removed the centres and basically want to get the colour changed, A guy at work said he paid them for me for free if I buy the colour I want. he said I have to remove the old paint, so started using paint stripper, but its leaving behind little bits of paint. So was thinking might be quicker to get them acid dipped, so the question is does anyone know of somewhere cheap that would do it? round hemel/watford area,
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

alloy wheel dipped Empty
PostSubject: Re: alloy wheel dipped   alloy wheel dipped I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01 2010, 08:42

just use a toothbrush and 'nitromors' paintstripper. it does take a couple of attempts to get rid of all the all the paint but it does work buddy.
just keep at it and be careful not to get it on your skin
Back to top Go down
shills

alloy wheel dipped Empty
PostSubject: Re: alloy wheel dipped   alloy wheel dipped I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01 2010, 10:40

ok cool, think I just got bored, rang round and one place said he do it for 25 quid a wheel. think I try again with them later. yer its eaten through 3 pairs of gloves, think I need thicker ones,
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

alloy wheel dipped Empty
PostSubject: Re: alloy wheel dipped   alloy wheel dipped I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01 2010, 11:23

lol dont use gloves, paintstripper hurts, but not that much Smile seriously though buddy attack the f*ckers with a toothbrush and every now and again give the wheels a wash with hot soapy water to rid the paintstripper and use some corse wet and dry sand paper.

its a loooooooooooong process but you'll feel a hell of alot more satisfied than paying someone to do it for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

alloy wheel dipped Empty
PostSubject: Re: alloy wheel dipped   alloy wheel dipped I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alloy wheel dipped
Page 1 of 1