Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:

Go down 
+5
SuperMario
vr6brew
PremiumVeeDub
dapperdan
Jonesmark12
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonesmark12
Nomad
Nomad
Jonesmark12

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: Empty
PostSubject: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 02:05

I bought this one at the start of September 2009, After seeing a few sheds for £300-500 less than this one, I realised that what with the body work, m3 Vadar trim, AP Coilovers and Scorpion put on 2 months prior I was on to a bit of a winner!
BMW 328i Sport 1996 – After speaking to BMW direct the clocks were all accurate and even though they say 140,000 in November 1999 the car under warranty at BMW Dick Lovett under went an entire engine change to Alusil with the cars reading at 35K ish – So engine has done just over 100K

When bought -

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: IMG_0470
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: IMG_0471
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: IMG_0473
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: IMG_0472
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: Engine1
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: Engine2

Current specification list

Engine
- Alpina527 M50 Manifold & Big bore throttle body
- GruppeM full carbon Induction kit (to go on soon!)
- Scorpion Cat Back Le Mans exhaust

Transmission
- Goodridge braided clutch hose

Brakes
- Standard calipers
- EBC grooved and drilled disks (std dimensions)
- EBC yellow stuff pads
- Goodridge braided brake line kit

Suspension
- AP coilovers - with new bushes/mounts
- Ultra Racing Strut brace Front and Rear

Wheels
- Summer wheels - 3 Piece AC Schnitzer Renn Sport Type 1 wheels 8x17. Tyres - Michelin Pilot Sport 2 90Y 235/40/17
- Winter wheels - BBS RC041. Tyres - Mix (silly i know!) between michelin pilot and Pirelli PZeros 235/40/17

Interior
- Storm Motorwerks - Stainless steel V1 gearknob, stainless steel handbrake lever, stainless steel cigarette lighter
- AC Schnitzer pedals
- Ultra Racing Room Bar
- M3 evo Vadar leather seats and rear bench and door cards

Exterior
- Stock/Standard Sport trim
- Rolled front and rear arches

I.C.E
- Alpine ida-x301rr iphone headunit
- Alipne kce 400bt bluetooth module
- Standard bmw speakers

Maintenance
From previous owner
- Paint touch up in Artic Silver most of front end and doors and rear quarter, Any rust fully removed
Since my ownership
- BMW Brake Switch
- BMW Rear Radiator Top Hose (behind manifold)
- New Bosch entire Headlight units (££! Exclamation ££)
- BMW Front drivers side Clear indicator
- Coolant changed
- BMW Drive Belt
- New radiator
- BMW Aux Belt Tensioner
- BMW Rear pop out quarter inner seals and lower trims
- BMW Top window Cover Trims
- BMW Accelerator Cable
- BMW Interior door handles and trims
- 6 point laser wheel alignment

After buying her I was surprised after having seen some paint that the original top window trims weren’t replaced – after all they are so inexpensive for the dramatic finish they give. So Down to BMW Stevenage and I replaced all the window trims and rubbers. A Relatively straight forward job and very rewarding once done admiring with a beer!

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: Windowsealsnew

Next was the Alpine Headunit and Bluetooth module – Always wanted to get a integrated phone headunit and whilst it has a chrome centre knob bezel, it doesn’t stick out with the rest of the interior by much, so was happy. Microphone is wired to the sunroof switch panel, and integrates with iphone seamlessly with no need for connections.

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11412

Upon Purchasing the Coilovers on the rear were set to the lowest – looked great, but knocked the rear beam on the exhaust! After a slight raise All was fine again! Also there was a whine from the engine which was stupidly loud. I knew about it once I got down to see the car, so the money I got off the price just covered the fix. Turned out to be the Aux Belt tensioner bearing, so I bought all new BMW parts and went ahead and started replacing the parts! (Lower Air con Bolts are a PAIN!!)

Whilst all this was going on I had in the back of my head a set of wheel I’ve always loved… AC Schnitzer type 1’s. Quick trip to Germany and in my possession were a box of 4 Wheels off a Renn Sport car sizing 8x17. All straight, Brand new OZ bolts and vgc lips and centres (both of which are polished – centers will change soon) 2 days later and a big load of cash later, a new set of Pilot sport SP2’s went on – Cost more than the wheels!!! Cant praise these tyres enough – you really get what you pay for – they’re superb!
The Wheels as of today are stripped down again, and getting the lips perfectly polished and the centres Crackled black – So they have the same sort of texture to the bumper trims. I was never keen on the polished centers – but I just wanted to get the wheels on!! RC's will be refurbed at easter once the AC's are on and a set of track tyres will go onto these after. then i'll need another set of winter wheels!! Shocked

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: IMG_0503
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: DSC_0037-5
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: DSC_0028-1

During the winter, I’ve sorted out and pre checked all heating parts, the rear hose was perishing under constant use, so this was replaced, and all rain trays cleared.
Then on went the Storm motorwerks interior ‘bits’! Gear knob is fantastic! Very happy – although a Z3 M rod is going on next month.

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11389
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11390

Today i put the new Bosch headlights on - Long story short, the side indicator was cracked, and the mount it slides to the headlight was snapped - so instead of bodging the job i went in and bought new units!! the self levelers didnt work on the old ones either. Right, so after pricing them up with BMW and still wanted Bosch units - i think i was quoted £600ish each!! :smt005 So heres the jammy bit - i got both for £20!! Brand new! thanks to a garage closing down!! :smt006 Razz
I know i'd never need the self levelers, but its a shame for them not to work... > So now they do!

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11395
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11397
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11400

Finally last week I went to see Ian (Alpina527) and got him to put in my M50 manifold and bbtb. Ian is truly my hero! The way the car was transformed from drive in to out is mind blowing. I knew the M52 was restricted – but I didn’t contemplate by how much – when you see the port hole differences you appreciate how worth while this mod is. I’m also glad I let Ian do the work for me – and yes – there are some very important fabricated counter parts – so you can see why so many DIY attempts of this conversion go so so wrong. Kindly he was quite complimentary on the current state of engine, and this was further emphasized on hooking it up and seeing she started and ran spot on with a great compression. This conversion gives a minimum of 25bhp from stock

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11402

Next week will be sorting out the brakes which can be seen from the last pictures along with Yellow stuff pads and turbo groved disks. All from Neil at Automac, who is another hero at the moment. Happily supplying me with parts such as the Ultra braces shown and braided hoses and clutch.

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11382
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11385

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11386
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11387

Harnesses will be going on along with the Gruppe M (£900 induction kit!!! affraid ) probably during Feb! - I am in the process of trying to sort out my SPG Recaro's however i'm in two minds still! (not only for money). I may try and make her look more like the sport i'd have done if i had the choice back in the day from BM with other OEM e36 counter parts. So the vadars may stay but my back isnt enjoying them!

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: SNB11403

As she stands - with summer wheels - Back home in Brussels during November (hence light reflectors!)

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: DSC_0036-4
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: DSC_0035-3
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: DSC_0034-2
Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: DSC_0023

Well thats it for now, Future plans are creeping up with the car, so i'm sure their will be updates soon! As soon as the Gruppe M is on the Car is getting mapped at Evolve (cant wait!!) oh and even though i've got the ebc fronts to go on - i really want to do this now... Evil or Very Mad

http://www.redish-motorsport.com/redish%20motorsport%20E36%20BBK%20%282%29.jpg

Cheers Mark
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 06:23

ZIM ZIMMER YOU GOT KEYS TO A BIMMER

nice one mark , i like it allot

wen we gonna see a VW ??????????
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 06:41

Do like afro

Welcome to the German non-VW saloon club Smile
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 08:45

Very cool mate... love this motor! keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Jonesmark12
Nomad
Nomad
Jonesmark12

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 10:00

Cheers guys! been v quiet lately, blame it on the cold weather! Bedford Track day will be booked tomorrow, and i'm at Brands in March, so need to get the bits on pronto. Then dependant on time and funds i would like to try and get my MSA license and enter a few races in the Kumho Cup. I can rent a lower class car from Neil again, and try and get some semi proffesional races under my belt. But before that, i want to get used to tracking a Rwd car! havent done it in a beemer before! only the red estate on the Ring, but was hardly pushing that!
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 10:36

Bedford Autodrome?

Turn up and race or something through a club?

Me want track time in Golf.
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 11:37

Mate this is gorgous!! be proud!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30 2010, 12:14

i like
very much
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31 2010, 09:41

it is a stunning car, love it -
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2010, 12:15

As always Mark, you are a jammy git, got some real bargains there.

A truely gorgeous bimmer.
Back to top Go down
Jonesmark12
Nomad
Nomad
Jonesmark12

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2010, 12:48

Cheers Baz, Time to report on some other jammy git bits!

Managed to get hold of an OE bmw sport box - weighs a bit more than the Scorpion, but i've now not got the issue with noise regulations at certain tracks - and if anything it looks better than the Scorpion box too!

M3 Vadars got sold on the weekend to a mate, if youve got a waist greater than 32" they'll possibly hold you, but as i'm as skinny as a ... sock, they were useless! So go a billy bargain of a set of Recaro speeds on e36 runners for £150!! one saggy bolster and thats it! so so comfy - and v happy. Plus as a bonus, during 1992-1996 BMW offered them as a special request option on late e30 m3's and some e36 lhd m3's, so i'm getting them trimmed by Joe at Trim Deluxe before the end of the month in the factory leather. Plus now they will hold my harnesses properly!

Bit of a heavier addition, i got hold of a complete '99 Harman Karman system - 12 speaker and amp from a 99 e36 M3, its just arrived in 3 boxes, so i'm going to have to work out how the hell i'm to wire the kit using a oem harness! - just hope it works! pics up before the end of the month hopefully - and i promise to get my ass to a meet soon - and yes Dan, i'll keep the car tucked around back!! Smile
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2010, 16:14

[quote="Jonesmark12"]Cheers Baz, Time to report on some other jammy git bits!

Managed to get hold of an OE bmw sport box - weighs a bit more than the Scorpion, but i've now not got the issue with noise regulations at certain tracks - and if anything it looks better than the Scorpion box too!

my arms still hurt mate lol
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
Jonesmark12
Nomad
Nomad
Jonesmark12

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2010, 16:24

Ha! you and your strong upper arms have nout to worry about!! Got the fuse for the welder yet!! Smile

Feels slightly restricted past 4.5k but its hard to tell - its the lack of bark which i love! under 4.5k the box actually feels less restricted than the scorpion.

Cheers luv!
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18 2010, 05:11

Hey u why there no pics up of the Honda DC5 seats and the NOZ ?
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18 2010, 07:25

CADDYANDY wrote:
Hey u why there no pics up of the Honda DC5 seats and the NOZ ?

Don't forget the Spoon stickers and da "Vtec-kicked you ass" Badges! Laughing

Chexk It OWT rude Bwoy!!

(mark has installed "Honda DC5" spec mismatched Recaros in the Bimmer, so we took the pi55 last night, a lot!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Jonesmark12
Nomad
Nomad
Jonesmark12

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 12:26

Rice'd BMW's rock!! haha!

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: Poor_bmw_ricer

Right so if your ignore these planks, what i've gone and done is bought a pair of Mitsibushi evo 4 seats! not DC5's! (different lower bolsters) These are higher and fit/hold me perfectly. Had to do a bit of tinkering to get them fitted as i wanted them.

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: 254215-seat-recaro-evo-4-complete-sevo4_b_1

They go v cheap and hold my ass in perfectly - Annoyingly the trimmer is busy until 12th April which is when they are now getting trimmed - and will come out like this (matching the rest of the m3 interior) These are genuine e30 m3 sport evo seats... so getting trimmed exactly the same down to the thread patterns.

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: Rec%20005

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: Bild%20182

Now its just a waiting game....

oh yea, AC Shnitzer wheels are back on as are all disks, pads and 4 out of the 6 hoses. two of rear brake lines wouldnt undo without literally snapping the copper lines... obviously they've been fitted not too long but have been tightened waaay too much on the union and will just snap... GAY! Oh well, braided cluch hose was the easiest bit to fit! and broken exhaust clamp has been welded - No 13A fuse required!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:   Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back again, with yet another non Vag! :oops:
Page 1 of 1