Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My flower power

Go down 
+6
PremiumVeeDub
vwdeviant
G4Z
Bazza
Ginger
Ben-jamin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben-jamin

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2010, 04:37

Well here she is My mk3 gti 16v after hunting for ages for one my mate told me a guy he used to work with had one for sale. However didnt sound to good as it had no tax or mot neeeded 4 new tyers and and the windscreen was cracked. But took a look anyway 100k on the clock so not to bad and pretty good service history and drove alright. He started at £800 quid and finished at £400 for cash and he chucked in a set of KHAN 17" wheels as well.
So first stop was the mot so one screen later 4 tyers and some front brake discs and pads she was road worthy (and I sold the wheels on ebay for £100)

The day I brought her

My flower power 24122008188
My flower power 24122008189

After that was a bit of cleaning (9 bloody hours worth) and swapping the front and rear lights

My flower power 05012009241
My flower power 05012009244

then for the fun to begin decided I wanted something a bit differnt so a wrap was the way for me I will let the pics do the talking and also added a debadged grill

My flower power 21012009268
My flower power 21012009270
My flower power 22012009291

done a few more bits than this just need to sort out the pics so will update as soon as I have more time

Cheers for looking
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2010, 05:02

nice mate..!!
Back to top Go down
Ben-jamin

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21 2010, 06:45

So I managed to dig some more pics out last night so here goes. Decided to have an alarm fitted so got in contact with a copany called Lm Audio in Aylesbury who hooked me up with a clifford c650 cat 1 alarm complete with window roll up.
Now I was secure decided it was time for some sounds so already had the Alpine head unit with ipod controll so decided after a bit of research to purchase myelf some JL audio c5 6" comps for the front doors, Jl audio g4500 4 channel amp and jl audio 12wov2 sub and a lot of Dynamt. So the install need it to be practical as I still need to use my boot so here is check it out.

Alpine head unit with Clifford Led and Valet button below

My flower power Neilcamera2009019

So next the front doors wanted to make the door into a box so I could get loads of mid bass so fiberlassed some mdf rings to the door to make a perfect seal and covere all the holes over with Dynamat .

My flower power 18022009406

Then the a piller builds didnt want to put the tweeters on the dash as research suggested a piller builds were the way forward

My flower power Neilcamera2009020

Next was the amp after wireing the car amp needed to be tucked away with the comp x overs so decided to locate it in side of the boot

My flower power Neilcamera2009016
My flower power Neilcamera2009017

Decided to keep it simple with the sub box so I could take it out if needed so here is the final result

My flower power Neilcamera2009018

that was it sure i have more pics but will update at some point
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21 2010, 13:42

Nice install...........
Back to top Go down
G4Z
Nomad
Nomad

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21 2010, 15:30

real tidy install!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22 2010, 02:53

Hope LM did a better job with the Clifford install than their "Predecessors" did with mine...

Still falses despite 3 goes at them "fixing it", been advised by a better firm (The Sound Gallery in Wycombe) that the Microwave sensors in completely the wrong place, and nothing to with the "Factory tinted windows affecting the alarm's bubble" as they said.

I also have solder over the d/side carpet

and when I changed the stereo they "Fitted" found they'd tie-wrapped half the loom for the Stereo and alarm onto the back of fuse box, and used those nasty "Scotch-clip" connectors, took me 3hrs of being upside down in the footwell to right all their wrongs!

BANDITS!

Remember that to keep you Thatcham certification the alarm has to be serviced by an approved comapny every year too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22 2010, 03:00

Scotchlocks are the tools of the devil.
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22 2010, 04:25

Looks like a lot of love has gone into your lil brummer Smile

How long did it take to put the wrap on?? flower flower
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Ben-jamin

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23 2010, 02:11

The wrap took about 3 hours and cost loads really suppised what you said about Lm what branch did you go to becuse they were top notch and did a great job and all at a great price 2.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23 2010, 14:56

Wasn't LM was the co that were there before them.. who I guess went bust?
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Fitzy
Fitzy

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24 2010, 05:34

love the car fella , nice and fresh
Back to top Go down
Super_Shaun
Nomad
Nomad

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24 2010, 17:19

Love the wrap and the install looks top notch but the head lights just dont look right IMO. gives it a bug eyed effect almost.

How much was the wrap?
Back to top Go down
Ben-jamin

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25 2010, 01:53

yeah I know what you mean about the lights I hate them was an impulse buy but too lazy to swap them again at the mo as I have future plans to do a mk4 front end this year at some point. The wrap was £490 not to bad and comes with a 10 year warranty
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 08:54

Good going Ben looks wicked... if you dont mind me asking how much was the alarm to be fitted??
Back to top Go down
Ben-jamin

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2010, 11:24

Well funny you say that made a few calls every place I spoke to wanted between £450 - £425 + £80 for the window roll up got it done at LM Audio aylesbury and they told me it was only one extra wire to conect if the car had full closure already for the window roll up and did it all in for £400 a great deal and good service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My flower power Empty
PostSubject: Re: My flower power   My flower power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My flower power
Page 1 of 1