Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilKeg
EvilKeg

Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) Empty
PostSubject: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 09:08

OK, looking to start this, poss this weekend.

I have a rather large exhaust on the rear and the drone is starting to do my head in. Also I am looking to install my nice new sound system over the coming months...

I've got a set of speakers,leather door cards and new door pods to stick in. I understand that the doors get wet a little so I need to keep the xovers in the car... Any recommendations where I do this? Mine are a little big!

Can anyone recommend how to sound deaden the doors etc

Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) Doorbin

Do I put the stuff on the inside behind the motors etc? Or just where the door car meets the door?

Excuse my dumbness, I'm better on computers and not really a car modder Very Happy

As for the boot, I guess I do all of it from the back seat area and into the spare wheel well

Should I put the crossovers and amps in here and wire all the way to the front?
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 11:26

Hey dude, check out the garage section, page 2. Look for my thread "My grey mk3" this might give you a few idea's.

To keep your door cards dry, replace the inner door skins (some kind of plastic sheet should do it, taped into position)

You could always mount the amps behind the rear quarter panel's.

Any other question's, feel free to ask Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 14:16

Keith, have a chat with your local DECENT Car audio shop...

From memory Dynomat seems to be pretty good and reasonable value... this should do the rear... you'll wat to do from under the rear seat back....

Only issue is this will add weight, and you'll be surprised just how much too! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
EvilKeg
EvilKeg

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 14:22

vwdeviant wrote:
Keith, have a chat with your local DECENT Car audio shop...

From memory Dynomat seems to be pretty good and reasonable value... this should do the rear... you'll wat to do from under the rear seat back....

Only issue is this will add weight, and you'll be surprised just how much too! Sad

The weight wont bother me... I'm 16 and a half stone Very Happy

Also I'm just as interested in sounds as I am speed.. she's as old as rave music and she needs to play it Very Happy

At the moment I've got the stock shitty speakers in mine and they are really starting to get on my tits when I'm trying to listen to tunes ... I can only feel the bass when I put my leg on the door speaker No

I have to source some Dynomat then... where in the 'ford can I get this s*@!? Very Happy

Keg
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 14:54

In which case look into Audioscape pods too...

Dynamat... go speak to local In-Car Hi-fi place (or Bazza, as he's local)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
EvilKeg
EvilKeg

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 15:19

vwdeviant wrote:
In which case look into Audioscape pods too...

Dynamat... go speak to local In-Car Hi-fi place (or Bazza, as he's local)

already have a set Smile just need some advice on fitting them Smile

does bazza take on private work?

I really cant wait to get all my gear in her... I guess i should say what i have to put in!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 16:44

Could pop round one day dude and have a butchers at what you've got.

I'd suggest you fit the pods first, apprently they are really good, before you go adding the sound deadening. Definately fit new skins to the door though to keep thing's dry.

Use accustic foam in your boot, not Dynamat, foam blocks the road/exhaust noise. Plus will help contain the base in the car, listen to my car and you'll see.

I don't do car audio installs, the only experience I have is doing my own, it's sounds pretty good in my humble opinion.

Can help you put the gear in, that way you learn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26 2009, 17:46

Check this out

Amp's can also be mounted like this in mk2's behind the rear quarter panels

Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) DSC00688
Back to top Go down
EvilKeg
EvilKeg

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2009, 03:10

This any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DYNAMAT-EXTREME-BULK-PACK-AS-USED-BY-US_W0QQitemZ110451493126QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item19b76c0906

As for the other stuff... this any good? Am I looking for the wrong stuff?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Treatment-Acousti-Slab-4-Studio-Foam-Panel_W0QQitemZ380067855012QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item587dcf3aa4
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2009, 04:58

Dynamat pack is good, but leave the foam, i'll track down the company I used and send you the link.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2009, 05:16

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=edead+teklite+foam&_sacat=See-All-Categories

If you check out these, at the end they show you how much roughly you will need, so you can buy the right amount.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2009, 06:20

BAZZA 'S soundsystem is sweet as mr EVIL you in good hands there

p.s you can buy the foam liner sheet for the doors at GSF OR use plastic sheet
you will also need some heavy duty spray adhesive
cut sheet 1inch bigger than hole spray and stick

do it well do it once, any gaps can have your foot wells filled wi water! steamy times!
also check the 5 slots in the bottom of the doors arent coverd with crap stoppin water get out

and you done Cool

i likes a mk2 wi system innit afro
Back to top Go down
EvilKeg
EvilKeg

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2009, 07:08

Niceness... I can't wait to get it started...

I'd really like my sub enclosed in the side wall, but am pretty rubbish with anything other than a mouse and keyboard Sad

I'll just have it knocking about in the boot for now tho...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)   Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snddnng (Sound Deadeding) and ICE in a Mk2 :)
Page 1 of 1