Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fuel Gauge Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YA55ER
Nomad
Nomad
YA55ER

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2009, 12:09

i filled up with petrol and started driving and noticed the needle going up and down everytime i sped up or slowed down and took a cornor but when the cars stopped the needle sits in the middle (think thats about right) had this problem once before on the way home from when i went to visit Steph but it went away after the car had been sat for a few hours but now its back anyone know what it could be?

the car in question is a 1.4 16v Polo 1999

thanks Yasser
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2009, 13:40

Could be the sender unit in the fuel tank? Would that show up on the vag com?
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
YA55ER
Nomad
Nomad
YA55ER

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2009, 14:02

i thought it may have something to do with the sender but wasnt to sure, and for some reason the car isnt very economical likes to drink alot of petrol!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 01:43

Lets get it on my VAG com and see what it says, are you coming to the next meet?
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 02:43

Ahhh good ol Cali Very Happy

Or it could be the fuel tank sender relay.

And about the fuel consumption...there is a little pedal by your right foot..stop shoving that to the floor...lol. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 05:04

Pinky-poos wrote:
Or it could be the fuel tank sender relay.
That might be right and unlikely to show up on VAG-com. Sad
Back to top Go down
YA55ER
Nomad
Nomad
YA55ER

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 16:54

had it put on a diagnostic machine today and it came up with a fault saying that the dials were at fault so i changed them and the problem was still happening so its made me belive that its the fuel sender.

im going to try and take it apart in the morning and seeing if anything is loose inside and hopefuly can get it working if not looks like i may have to change the whole unit bit and im not sure if i can use one out of a 8v polo does anyone know if i can use one out of a 8v? and are the tanks the same size?

and Steph i hardly ever put my foot on the right pedal yet it drinks like a bing drinker its like its drinking in chunks!

thanks
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2009, 02:11

Them little 16v 's are naturally juicy.
Hope its sorted soon mate..things like that are really annoying.
Back to top Go down
YA55ER
Nomad
Nomad
YA55ER

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2009, 16:38

ok ive found out when i pull of hard and let it go all the way threw the revs the speedo kicks in for abit bouncing away and the milages starts working, its made me think that theres wires losse somewere but im not sure were, when i get the car out of gear or let go of the accelerator the speedo will work abit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel Gauge Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problem   Fuel Gauge Problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Gauge Problem
Page 1 of 1