Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
B55VW
B55VW

Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v Empty
PostSubject: Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v   Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16 2009, 17:57

I have got '96 GTi 8v, I'd like to give it more poke! Does anyone can recommend me a good upgrade cam for 2.0 8v? My car have pipe cross induction kit, de-boxed, Magnaflow backend. Would an upgraded mainfold worth the money or nah?
If anyone knows any other engine performance suggestion, pls do share!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v   Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 04:36

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately mate there is noway of making this car any quicker. Sure the cam will make a difference, it'll be quicker off the mark, but that is possibly all depending on how lairy it is.

Found a link to what some guy did to his 8v http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196783

Be better if you could source a 16v and cam change that, along with performance panel filter and exhaust should make close to VR performance.

8v to 16v conversion http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2631789
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v   Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 05:33

agree with bazza - the only way u will get any serious power from this engine is probably a turbo converiosn or throttle body conversion
but the money u will spend doping that u may as well do an engine swap!

althou with the right tweeks (which will cost a fortune!!!) u can get up 2 150bhp out of these lumps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v   Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cam question for MK3 GTi 8v
Page 1 of 1