Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Super_Shaun
Nomad
Nomad

GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) Empty
PostSubject: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2009, 06:48

Where is the convoy rolling from & at what time?

Who do we give the monies to? (Fitzy?)

This is going to be my first show with the Nomads so I hope the weather is as good as it is today. cheers
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2009, 09:05

Keep an eye out for the Convoy details, should be posted soon...

Entry pennies give in at the gate when you get there!

See you Sunday (if not Thursday!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2009, 13:30

keep an eye out dude and i'll sort out convoy details - so keep ur eyes peeled

i wont need any dosh up front just pay on the gate
Back to top Go down
Super_Shaun
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2009, 23:31

Looking forward to this now, had the car Porta Cabled Sunday and its looking nice and shiny for the first time in months.
Im going to see if I can get the exhaust sorted today with powerflow in St Albans.

vwdeviant I wont be there Thursday Im taking my nan out for a meal shes come down from up north for a week to see the family and Thursday is my day. lol.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 01:47

Super_Shaun wrote:

vwdeviant I wont be there Thursday Im taking my nan out for a meal shes come down from up north for a week to see the family and Thursday is my day. lol.

Does she like Thai? We know a really good Thai place just outside Tring! lol!

See you at the pod Sunday!
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 03:17

Wooohooo, due to possible bad weather my company bbq has been postponed (by me, but I needed a good excuse Very Happy) so I'm up for this now.

15.2s last time, which is shameful, should be able to knock a second off that (i hope)

Got POD FEVER! Need tenths!

Wanna race a 'madder too, didn't manage it last RWYB.
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 05:48

Well premium i mite be taking my golf if i can get it ready this week, so ill be up for a little race down the strip. two charged vr's havin a go should be fun. but 15.2 is quite bad, was it not running too well last time? im sure i ran a 15.2 last year in mine normally aspirated but ill have to dig out my timing slips to check!
P.S what oil did you say you use in your charger? is just fully synthetic engine oil? cos i think i need to change mine.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 06:53

15.2 was with the wrong spark plugs (so a very annoying misfire), since then I've (well, me and/or tell) changed plugs, lambda sensor, all sorts of goodies so hoping for a better time. Guy with a Z-charged rado did a 13.2 so once I get the MAF moved and a Stealth remap in there I'm going to try and go sub-13. I have schrick cams etc the rado didn't so should be doable.

I've got the oil at home, will have a look but I think it's fully synth 10-40 (maybe Castrol Motorsport?). Will let you know.
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 09:13

Ah thought it didnt sound quite right and sub 13's will be good, Plugs was gonna be my next question for you as everyone i speak to tell me to use different plugs! i know people have there prefererd brand etc but what have you found to be good? i think im either gonna go for bosch fr6dc+ or ngk iradium's but others have said standard vr plugs work just as good.

I spoke to storm and they said they use 10/50 fully synthetic when they do the z-chargers but ive got a gallon of 5/30 fully lying around at work and i think that will be fine for the charger. what do you think?
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 09:43

Scrap that last part i think the 5/30 mite not cope when it gets hot and may thin out a little too much! then it will be bye bye charger!
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 10:12

I spoke to Storm about the same thing and they told me they didnt service z stuff.. Grr.

Plugs, will look tonight but they're ngk.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 11:18

Castrol edge sport 0-40 fully synth; but if they say 50 then maybe best to go with their advice. I asked the manufacturer nd they said 'motor oil', and then their English ran out..

Just remove the 2 opposite grub screws and fill to that level
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 11:53

Cheers for that, if you been using that without any probs then thats good enough for me, ive been trying to find out about 10/50 and most places have not got any listings for that grade. But on castrols website they have two grades of edge sport which is the 0-40 and the 10-60 so ill prob just go with the 0-40 that you have recommended.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 01:48

Back on track a bit...

I'll see you lot up there, will be coming straight up with Lisa, via MK as it looks like I have to drop Vinnie off to meet my mum for a day of "shopping"! Suspect
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 05:46

vwdeviant wrote:
Back on track a bit...

oops.. sorry..

See you Sunday
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 06:17

Oh yer we did go slightly of topic there. as above sorry people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)   GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTI Summer Festival (Convoy & Payment Q's)
Page 1 of 1