Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maguires polish...any good???

Go down 
+7
PINKY
vwdeviant
MartinR
Doug
Calimori
Bazza
moonsta
11 posters
AuthorMessage
moonsta
Nomad
Nomad
moonsta

Maguires polish...any good??? Empty
PostSubject: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2009, 20:58

i have a tornado red mk2 golf and want to get bthe best out the paint whilst it's still shiney!! Is Maguiers 3 stage paint cleaning stuff any good or can anyone recommend a decent paint restorer rather than G3.
comments apprciated........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 04:17

3 Stage stuff is great, recommend it to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 05:36

It is what I use on the Beetle. Good stuff indeed.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Nomad
Nomad
Doug

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2009, 18:39

From everything i have used its THE BEST by miles! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://Email: Tanilba@Hotmail.Co.Uk
MartinR
Nomad
Nomad
MartinR

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2009, 14:05

what is it and how dose it work
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2009, 01:51

1st stage is a Paint cleanser
2nd is a "polish" More a glaze though, adds shine
3rd is a wax

Personally I use:
Stage 1 x2
Autoglym Super Resin Polish x2
Autoglym Paint Sealer
Colinite wax x2 (seems expensive, but I've had mine a year and not even 1/4 way through it!)

This lasts for ages! But I tend to top up with another layer of Colinite about every month or so...

Also washing with something like Megs Gold Class shampoo, or the Chemical guys shampoo (fluro pink) that I've just started using will extend the life of your wax topcoat.

If you are starting from "Scratch" I'd also recommend Claying the car as well... there's a thread somewhere on here about all the stages..

Just remember when layering polish or wax, lots of thin layers rather than slapping loads on in one go is the best route!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2009, 04:16

I like super resin polish from Auto Glym..cotton cloth to apply and microfibre to polish off.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2009, 10:13

Stage 1 and 2 are vey good but dont use the stage 3 wax... its very sticky and hard to remove properly. Use Meg's Tech Wax 2.0 or colinite instead
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2009, 14:58

autogleeeeeeem all the way matey! to be honest ive never used mcguires but autoglym stuff is awesome, try the polish after a good clean, rub it on with a normal cloth then wipe it off with a microfibre doodaa to get rid of all the nasty dried polish, cant recommend it enough
Back to top Go down
zecho

PostSubject: I use   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2010, 16:47

on my tornado red mk2 golf i use cleaner wax meguires or mer speed detailer very good to prepare car before waxing. If your panels are faded minor scratches etc turtle wax paint restrorer and alot of elbow grease.

then finally Carabuna Wax It gives deep gloss shine which gives excellent beading can get on ebay cream is the easest to use and its what i used havent felt rich enough to buy the proper gooey stuff Wink

C
Back to top Go down
zecho

PostSubject: forgot   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2010, 16:49

and turtle wax hard shell gloss wax (red bottle) pink wax soulution . It is really good with water so you dont have to worry to much about smearing if you dont dry your car off enough before waxing

have fun
charlie
Back to top Go down
justsayno

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 06:33

i have a tornado red mk2 golf also Smile it goes pink rapidly!! i immediately went out and bought the three step maguires and when you work it into the paint you get an immediate shiny amazing finish! the only problem i have is it doesnt seem to last too long especially on the normal places aka roof and bonnet and i do have to reapply it reasonably frequent. looks mint when done though and would still recommend it.

Alex
x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maguires polish...any good???   Maguires polish...any good??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maguires polish...any good???
Page 1 of 1