Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...

Go down 
+7
Calimori
Bazza
Lisa
sparkie1984
minty "TIMMY"
L0WRiDE
vwdeviant
11 posters
AuthorMessage
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... Empty
PostSubject: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 06:18

Jon,

I must take full blame for the no-show from TorqueVW at the Nomads first birthday meet on the 25. I’m not going to make up any false excuses, as honesty is always best. After arranging to attend your first birthday meet with you at work via Edition38 forum on the 9 January. I unfortunately hadn’t written it down nor emailed myself at home (where I run TorqueVW from) to remind myself about it.

I only realise the error when I pick up your PM from Edition38. I instantly felt awful and sick that I’d let you down, your club and TorqueVW’s reputation.

Firstly I’d like to apologies to you personally, as I feel we’ve seen each other a number of times over the years and generally chat about how things are going etc. I’m so sorry for not turning up nor letting you know anyone from TorqueVW was going to attended. I understand how much hard work it would have been to arrange for everyone to turn up and how it looks on you as the PR for Nomads. This has nothing to do with you as it was totally my fault.

Secondly, I’d like to apologise to the club members who made the effort to turn up on a poopty day, expecting TorqueVW to turn up.

A very stupid mistake has been made and won’t happen again, I hope you and the club can forgive me and won’t hold my mistake against the rest of the team.

All I can say at this point is TorqueVW are happy to cover another meet or publish a press release feature about your club in the near future to make up for letting you all down.

Sorry

Chris (TorqueVW editor)

p.s. I happy for this to be posted in your forum or I can do it myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 06:20

So the question is....

Do we still want the shoot and should we do it at the next Sunday meet?
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 06:24

i say why not... at the end of the day, everyone makes mistakes and well it will still help get NOMADS out there!!! to the masses!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 10:34

i agree with lowride
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 10:56

yeah, hes only human, and we had a laugh anyway!!! Smile

get em back! for a double page spread as an apology lol!

at least they were decent enough to apologise for it, many would of just ignored it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
Lisa
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 11:03

He's apologised and taken the full blame and I give him his dues for being so honest. In light of his response, we'd be stupid not to accept his offer of the press release or another photoshoot opportunity.

Jon, maybe get his number this time? Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Lisa_Kimber/584390012

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 16:56

See him not turning up as a good thing on this occasion...

Think that most people wanted their cars cleaner and the weather to be brighter and dryer(for decent pics) Hopefully weather will be much better next time! (This time just shows how hardcore we all are lol)

At least he has been honest with us and given us an even better photoshoot session!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2009, 01:53

Ok So we'll book him in for the next Sunday meet (Feb the 22nd? Bazza?) seeing as there's not much point in taking photos on a Thursday night! Laughing

Or we can organise a special one-off shoot meet somewhere more picturesque?

And yes I'll get his number, sure he has mine somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2009, 04:00

Nice to see someone who work's in a top position acting responsibly, accept his apology and move on.

Yeah 22nd is the next one, think it should stay at the pub though, seeing as that's where we meet but i'm easy.

Hope we can get as good a turn out as before, think everyone that did deserves a pat on the back. Also gives us some idea of how meets' on a sunday might turn out in the summer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2009, 04:39

Glad he got in contact, agree we should accept it and try again.
The 22nd is Dub Freeze so I won't be there again but as my Golf is not all that fancy I don't think anyone will be upset. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2009, 05:37

DO IT !!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 02:10

Done... Just awaiting his OK on the date! Wink
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01 2009, 14:47

Hats off to these guys and mucho respect, hopefully we,ll have better weather for the re-arranged shoot!
John big up to you for handling this cheers
Back to top Go down
MK1Dunk
Nomad
Nomad
MK1Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01 2009, 17:15

Yeah i agree with all the above, fairplay for the apology if i had a whole forum on my case every time i forgot something i'd probably be dead by now. Guess i'll see you all on the 22nd then (unless i forget) better send myself an email to remeber,LOL
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2009, 03:18

Nice of them to appoligise..defo need to re-arrange this one.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...   Torque VW An Apology... Recieved... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torque VW An Apology... Recieved...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: General :: Shows and Meets-
Jump to: