Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BIG BANG (sunday only trip)

Go down 
+7
PINKY
Oaky-GTI
purdx
vwdeviant
GTi-Jay
Bazza
Fitzy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2008, 11:15

Glad it went well dude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2008, 13:37

Ahh thats good that it was a nice day Smile
Me and papa went to Brighton to pick up a starter motor.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2008, 16:53

I HAVE POD FACE!

Was a great weekend bit cold Sat night but the Larger jacket soon put paid to that!

Shame you couldn't make it guys, good weather, some great dubs... Mate ran a 14.6 in his Imported Cal looker on his first run! Car should be good for low13's high 12's we think once he's got the hang of it (scuffed his 2-3 change), car launches really straight. Other mate ran a 15.8 in a full on show car too!

Cali kept an eye out for you again but didn't see you, not really surprising considering the amount of people. Made Spring Fest look empty!

Roll on the summer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2008, 16:55

Lol..what the hell is a pod face?? does it mean tired??
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2008, 17:26

Combination of wind ans sun burn!

Spend a nice day at the pod Stph and you will find out... spend a nice weekend and you look like a lobster (applying 3rd shot of aftersun at the moment!)
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2008, 13:56

sounds good chaps im sure we woulda been there if the vr was back.....glad the weather held out too... Cool
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 00:39

The other thing about a good air-cooled show is the closer you get the more old cars you spot, unlike GTi Fest, they don't all try to race you. Just as well if you only have 33 BHP.

However, on the way there we had an aggressive driving by modern car drivers trying to get through out group. We did have three Beetles and the slowest was leading we try to maintain about 55 MPH, so I understand the problem. On a regular basis when I judged it to be safe, I would move over to the left as far as possible with my indicator on and leave a large gap in front so a car could safely move past. This one chap ignored my help but then tried to get me into a corner taking very valuable space as the breaks are not really modern. He then proceeds to do the same to the middle car until he is now behind the slow lead car that had 33 BHP in ~1970.
Stu also tries to let the guy through but after a while decides to up the pace a little. The scene was really funny as an 8 series BMW can not get around corners as quickly as a lilac Bug. Laughing
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 01:51

The old "people brought up on mdern car" syndrome! Mad

I think everyone who passes their test should be made to drive a fully drum braked car for a week to understand they dynamics and appreciate braking distances. Idea

My years of aircooled have helped me understand not to look just at the car in front but 3-4 cars down the line and try to anticipate what's happening. You try pulling a split van up at speed with either 3 fully working wheel cylinders or a master cylinder that decides to go US at the M4/5 interchange as you approach the back of traffic... Now THAT was a P.A.M*, ... 60mph with the middle peddle on the floor and only one skin of metal between your legs/feet and the outside world!
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Thank god for an empty breakdown lane and the fact I'd been driving cars with dodgy breaks and master cylinders round the Workshop's yard and knew what to do.
Oh and not down to bad maintenance, a seal just decided to partially shuffle off it's mortal coil without any warning.

*Puckerd Ass Moment
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 13:46

vwdeviant wrote:
My years of aircooled have helped me understand not to look just at the car in front but 3-4 cars down the line and try to anticipate what's happening.

Surely driving a car that's what you should be doing anyway, modern or old lol!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 15:35

Should be doing but few are, you see people driving so close and then panic break because they can't see anything other than the lights in front.

When I 'observe' people for advance motorbike riding it is amazing how short sighted some good riders are.

Now old cars teach you that very quickly. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIG BANG (sunday only trip)   BIG BANG  (sunday only trip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG BANG (sunday only trip)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2