Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!

Go down 
+2
vr6brew
vwdeviant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2008, 04:12

Well here she is, as Stev knows I went to my lock up to check all was OK and that she was still there... Also to see what state she was in as I was thinking about selling her and freeing the lock-up for my mates bug to be stored in.

Straight away saw ne doors and roof on the block and thought "uh-oh" but the key still worked and with a little effort (and a lot of hanging cobwebs) the portal to her lair open to reveal....

PROJECT SUMMER>>>>

Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08115

So all thoughts of selling went (even my mate whos bug was supposed to go in there said "You're not selling her I won't let you"). Found the last Tax disc in the centre cubby May 2001! Means she's ran for the first 17 months of this century!

So now I have a project for the spring/summer.... Here's some photos of her awaked from her hibination.

Paint's still good after 6-7 yeas without being waxed!
Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08116

Factory option Tilt and slide roof, and you can also see the Factory single wiper and washer jet (Jet better in previous photo)
Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08117

Zender Big rear spoiler which are quite "desirable" apparently...
Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08118

G60 BBS wrapped in Yoko A520's (tyres date the car straight away!) 3 of them are semi flat... all will need changing... need centres too...
Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08119

Proof it's a rare GTi model and also shot of the GTX style rear lights.
Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08120

26 year old interior, photo makes it look a lot worse than it is.. will need a clean and that's it.. no rips or tears...
Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08121

Quick shot of the other Factory options ordered.. Fogs and headlight washers.
Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! Camerapictures17-02-08122

This was a pretty much loaded car options wise as far as I can see, for it's time. Sunroof/Fogs/headlight washers/Sports front seats/Check cloth/black grill badge/and would have worn the 9-spoke 13" Spider/Tarantula GTi wheels off the option list too!

All pretty heady stuff for 1982!

Now the plan is to start to get her into some form of running order again. My biggest mechanical concern will be the engine as I can't rememebr the last time it ran. So need to look into what to do to get it running without killing it, especially as it's the same ening as a Mk1 GTi with the external oil cooler by the radiator.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2008, 04:23

got your work cut out there buddy....well worth it tho, spoon knows a thing or 2 about early gti engines... Wink
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2008, 07:55

Yeah good project dude, good luck with it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 03:55

Aaaahhh its a little sleeping beauty!
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 06:52

Nice one. Its always good finding a really clean car. I was truly blown away when I found my polo. Anyway good luck!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2008, 02:58

Seeing that wheel picture reminds me I need to see if I can remember where my locking wheel bolt key is!

Thinking of running it on my Estos off the Rado but all "Blinged up" or just get the G60's re-furbed.. decisions decisions
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2008, 05:39

is that a 1.8 8v on k-jet?
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2008, 09:12

DUBDREAD wrote:
is that a 1.8 8v on k-jet?

As far as I remember GTi rocco is 1.8 k-jet the scala is 1.8 carb. I think there was a later model with a 1.8 16V as well although I stand corrected on this one.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 05:29

Ressurection!

Been over a year since I saw her! affraid

Plans this year are to get her trailered down here, and start work getting her running again.

Maybe... Unless some-one wants a project? confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!   Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing Project Summer - First photos in 7 years!
Page 1 of 1